knew i should have bought a dolmar

Logrover

This is the point, I havent twatted it on anything, its been buried all the way in big stuff all day every day. If id hit it with a hammer then fine! It spat all the oil when i was cutting part of a multistemmed hemlock id just felled, bit was about the size of your arm plus i had just refueled and did nt see any leaks.

No doubt il bring it back today a post a picture.

The casing is very thin when you look at it, also the older 372s were heavier so weight has been shaved somewhere. I would rather have a slightly heavier saw that is reliable myself.

Anyway my list of husky saws has been depressing anyway. All new.

262xp, oil pump worm gear stripped from new, never ran properly, always flooded, would start.

3120xp was nt a bad saw actually, hot starting issues, revs used to rise and fall flat out.

560xp broken mounts, oil tank gasket failure under oil tank, ate bars, shook itself to bits all the time. Guy i cut with his crank snapped off, gasket failed etc. Both were rebuilt on warranty.

Now this 372xpg.

Not great reading!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the point, I havent twatted it on anything, its been buried all the way in big stuff all day every day. If id hit it with a hammer then fine! It spat all the oil when i was cutting part of a multistemmed hemlock id just felled, bit was about the size of your arm plus i had just refueled and did nt see any leaks.

No doubt il bring it back today a post a picture.

The casing is very thin when you look at it, also the older 372s were heavier so weight has been shaved somewhere. I would rather have a slightly heavier saw that is reliable myself.

Anyway my list of husky saws has been depressing anyway. All new.

262xp, oil pump worm gear stripped from new, never ran properly, always flooded, would start.

3120xp was nt a bad saw actually, hot starting issues, revs used to rise and fall flat out.

560xp broken mounts, oil tank gasket failure under oil tank, ate bars, shook itself to bits all the time. Guy i cut with his crank snapped off, gasket failed etc. Both were rebuilt on warranty.

Now this 372xpg.

Not great reading!

I was cutting a long time ago ( with a 372 as it happens ) and the same thing happened . Cutting what would seem to any one a clean freshly felled stem and the next thing I know the oil is every where . Turns out a stone was deep in the wood " taken up " by the tree and the chain had fired it strait into the tank .

• 2 weeks later...

Well the dealer has had a husky rep look and says no warranty, what a surprise, so i ve emailed and complained. I dont expect much. Its not been dropped, hammered etc just used in big timber. may end up selling it as it is to be honest, take the hit, never buy a husky again! :sneaky2:

DSC_0216_zps604e7d2e.jpg[/url]

anyway my 7900 dolmar is epic at least! touch wood!

Edited by Logrover
ooppps

Well the dealer has had a husky rep look and says no warranty, what a surprise, so i ve emailed and complained. I dont expect much. Its not been dropped, hammered etc just used in big timber. may end up selling it as it is to be honest, take the hit, never buy a husky again! :sneaky2:

DSC_0216_zps604e7d2e.jpg[/url]

anyway my 7900 dolmar is epic at least! touch wood!

Did you honestly think that was warranty? You can see the impact damage from the photo you've put up, including deformation below the hole! That could (and would) happen to most saws, casings are only a few mm thick, we're long since past the bomb proof behemoths of the 60's and 70's.

The bent looking bit on the right by the oil cap is normal as it bends round the oil cap round casing. I agree it looks bent in the middle where it always sits for snedding out. I have not to my knowledge hit it hard although it does pull itself in like all saws.Basically it not strong enough for doing big stuff then, the casing is thin and the stiffeners are not adequate. The dolmar i have here has much bigger thicker bars where you need them.

Anyway i ve totally gone off husky now, 7900 today has been awesome, what a saw. Just picked up an echo cs610 to give that a go second hand. I get the impression buying new saws for this game is pointless.

NI tree make an offer, im well aware what i paid :001_rolleyes: runs perfectly other than the hole. bought start of november.

The bent looking bit on the right by the oil cap is normal as it bends round the oil cap round casing. I agree it looks bent in the middle where it always sits for snedding out. I have not to my knowledge hit it hard although it does pull itself in like all saws.Basically it not strong enough for doing big stuff then, the casing is thin and the stiffeners are not adequate. The dolmar i have here has much bigger thicker bars where you need them.

Anyway i ve totally gone off husky now, 7900 today has been awesome, what a saw. Just picked up an echo cs610 to give that a go second hand. I get the impression buying new saws for this game is pointless.

NI tree make an offer, im well aware what i paid :001_rolleyes: runs perfectly other than the hole. bought start of november.

No, the bent bit by the oil cap is not normal, I have owned or worked upon 346's, 357's, 362's, 365's, 372's, 385's, 394's, not a single one has had any deformation by the oil tank as normal, nor have any 2 or 5 series huskies. Maybe a stone or piece of wood has hit the front, sometimes they do ping off the chain in such a way that it could punch a hole in the tank. Whilst I've been lucky enough for that not to happen, I have had debris fly off the chain and strike me.

Do you blame the manufacturer of your vehicle when you get a chip on the windscreen? Or a crack if struck in the right place! A chain running 20m/s is 45mph.