knew i should have bought a dolmar

Logrover

the one next to the tank its the second modded spring as the first new springs still snapped , so thats three different springs out there that are fitted to 560s . my shop only found out by looking at a new saw as husky didnt tell them about it . great isnt it

I have a 2014 560 4 ish months old snapped rear av spring one above tank ordered a new one as CBa to do it under warranty & new one is oval shaped

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feels like a "me to" thread.

The lads I work with and myself all have reliability problems with saws when doing forestry work. My 560 has just had a major rebuild (most of the engine) after about 120 hours recorded use. Most of that use has been reasonable size felling work. Spoke to Husqvarna about it. Apparently its design for 800 hours use. They are clearly having significant problems with this.

I use ace fixing, steve used to work there was brilliant, but they pissed him off and he left, he was setting up himself with help from doug but I lost his number!

hmm my dolmar 7900 was bought second hand, 2003 vintage, same day that went out of tune and would nt idle but i have had problems with it since i bought it off ebay! I got it as a test to see if i liked it and i do,would like to try a new one.

I think anything is worth a go. Im not paying 700+ for an unreliable husky when there are cheaper alternatives!

But in theory these saws are all built to be used commercially with a yrs warranty, if they dont last they are not fit for purpose and should be repaired. This remains to be seen however!

When i did arb stuff years ago i did nt have issues as you hardly use any fuel compared to felling all day!

personally i think the new 7910 is a better saw there are a few changes from the 7900

when the new 7910 came out it was said its heavier, different flywheel, limited coil, heavier crank ,better fuel consumption means less power but in this case dolmar have made it a tad heavier for a reason

making a saw lighter and more attractive is'nt always the best move

dolmar used to be very very weak on the av mounts rubbers used to break all the time

i think dolmar have made a belter of a saw in the PS-7910 :001_smile::001_smile:

All my husky groundsaws have been great I've only had to replace the crank seal (first gen 560) apart from that 550 & 560 have been faultless, both 2nd hand I must add I get a pathetic tool allowance so I need reliability

Maybe I've got the good ones I dunno I'm a rough arse with saws my only gripe with husky stuff is the 540 and the bars they make.

I'd love to try dolmar/makita but if I bust a chain brake band I want to get that part that day or at the very latest the next day down time on my saws is a no no.

Bit of an update, so far they have said the damage is not covered under warrant, thetc huskyrep is visiting on Thurs but I'm away working so il go in Friday. Not at all happy, for me to make a hole that size in the casing I would have to lump it with a hammer.basically it seems the saw is unfit for felling big trees all day or its a manufacturing fault in which case a warranty issue so I'm going to really kick off. Just hope I ve not pissed 760 odd quid for 8 weeks of 1 saw. Il never buy a husky again, it's all a bad joke.

No im going in first thing tomorrow, i work away monday to thursday. Whatever happens my 7900 is a good saw although a bit old so a second saw, 372 will be repaired under warranty hopefully as im really kicking off but then i would sell it. In the mean time of course im a saw down so i need to buy a new saw, luckily i can borrow saw or id not be working! :thumbdown:

Basically il have to buy another saw while this mess is sorted and hope husky are not as bad customer service as has been proved before!

A hole in the front of the crankcase is impact damage, not warranty, i would be amazed no matter how much you kick up if they accept that under warranty, the 372XP has been around a long time and is a very strong saw, any machine that suffers impact at the front is going to break somthing, this was not just a twig to do that damage.