Stihlmadd vids

stihlmadd

thankyou Matt528, twas a good one that particular takedown, plenty of space and opportunities to rig big from the get go.:001_cool:

yes grip tape, I was working with a mate the week before and he had cut some to size since we both had talked about the idea for ages I tried it out but the tape starts to wear down pretty quickly but nothing ventured!

cheers Ben.

Yeah looked a nice tree too get at. Did you find it was good whilst it lasted on there? Looks like a pretty smart idea

Great video thanks for taking the time to put it up. Must have looked daunting on the first day!

G'day iana, the bossman sent me round to quote the job for him at the start (the just go and inspect it gag then tell me what it is worth style) so I knew from the get go what I was in for and have done bigger trees that this one but the knowledge that the big timber was all crane work eased the pressure on this particular job IMO.

Not to say when I first laid eyes on it that I did not do the "Whoa, **** me thats a big'in" stare up cause that def happened.

at the end of the day it is still one piece at a time :thumbup:

cheers Ben.

I've been a bit busy to catch up with your vids Stihlmadd, good stuff, as usual (18 minutes though!?):001_smile:

listening to you on the vid reminded me of Richard Wright the goalie.

Thankyou Mick, if you reason it out it is only 6 mins for each of the three days and Rich Rule did say it was okay to do a longer vid so thats my excuse :001_tt2:

but yeah I did figure thats pushing my luck on length and music choices sheesh it aint easy for a long vid .

Good that you are busy it is just coming on spring here finally some decent working weather.:big grin:

cheers Ben.

Yeah looked a nice tree too get at. Did you find it was good whilst it lasted on there? Looks like a pretty smart idea

the grip tape did work really well on a smooth limbed euc like the lemon scented and if it was a longer lasting effect I would probably do it again given how many eucs are smooth limbed there is an advantage to the idea.

Take it the company you sub for just stand back and let you do your thing then step in once your down to do the tidy up.

Brilliant colour in that timber.

G'day Gray git, the Euc job in the rain by the road was a get it down now job and do not mess about while it was still before the winds came sweeping back uo the valley.

the pine job the company was happy to come in afterwards and chip at it in their own time.

either way I didn't have to clean it up so win here for this little black duck.

the Euc timber was river red gum Eucalyptus camaldulensis is valued as furniture making and turning timber plus gall sections for bowls etc.

and I love the colour of it myself.