Pfanner stretch air - failure :-(

climbingpete

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the recent publicity regarding this, surely Pfanner will beef up the stitching?

The braces thing is just to stop the young guns wearing their keks 'Fiddy Cent' style. Which will rip the crotch out.

For the older members, can you elaborate on, or merely just explain what you meant by "Keks, Fiddy Cent style". Being a "young gun" myself, I am fully aware of the rudeboy slang you are spitting, hombre. However I fear the worst for our older generations as they may struggle with your gangsta verses. Brap Brap. Pop Pop.:001_tongue:

i have had a pair of the hi-viz stretch airs and mine have worn through the fabric round the crutch area , i think this is due to the ammount of time i spend in my harness , i also feel that the fabric is no any where near as durable as the standard stretch airs , why cant they strenghthen the high ware areas round the crutch area where they can ware like sip do ???

I think 8 months is ok for trousers, you`d hope they would last longer.

This is the reason i`ve stopped buy top end price ppe. Not because its poor quality but its a real pain when your super expensive ppe falls to pieces. I had that happen with some boots recently. I replaced my boots with a cheaper pair. Simple.

Yep i agree, everything will eventually wear out ( cept diamonds).

Sorry. Yes you did offer to repair free of charge. For this I am very grateful. However, I thought things where covered for a year for manufacturing defects which I believe this is. It just pisses me off when you spend alot of money on quaility kit and it only lasts this long. As people say, maybe I should just buy shite.

I have had my Pfanners for about 18 months,this pair has lasted much better than the last.I wear them with braces and the buttons have fallen off a few times.Also the stitching around the pockets has broken.

I think that like any Tool,your trousers need a bit of maintaince as well.Bit like cleaning your Boots.

I have 3pr of Stretchairs, well worn in and i can say the zips and stitching have held up well. I always do up the zips prior to washing, and strongly believe this makes a lot of difference to the longevity of the product. If the stitching starts to weaken, just strengthen it with some good thread before it starts to run. Grit, chain oil and sweat will always speed up the wear on clothing, so clean them regularly, at the correct temps in your machine, and follow the washing directions on the labels.

I am on my 6th pair of stretch airs as the fly has gone on all of them, Luckily F R Jones have wicked after sales but on the new pair i have just got the fly have gone again!!! I am going to take them to a saddler/seamstress and get them made indestructible!!!!!! I feel like i am pestering F R Jones too much but obviously there is a problem some where!!