upgrade time! What are the best all round towable chippers for genral tree work?

samiad

Educate me! My old greenmech chipmaster just died (something terrible and unexpected gone wrong with the engine after years of good service).

The time may finally have come to invest In a new one. Its gonna have to be on finance or a wonder deal as im youngish and new ish in my buisness but going well. I have the B+E licence and a smiley transit and was going to go for the sub 750kg greenmech diesel as my town is very hilly but im intrigued about whats out there andbyour thoughts on smashing the 750kg barrier! do you really find it that much better for genral tree work? (I do all sorts all over greater manchester).

cheers

sam

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was going to buy a chipper, the 750kg greenmech is top of the list. Some of the design features are really good, plus the disc blade system is a neat idea. Its a 6inch machine which is plenty especially for those doing firewood!

lease it and get 100% tax reduction!

it seems to be whats hot! i just wonder about the durability and longevity of the smaller machines. If i pay a bomb id rather get something that will do the long run but the reports coming back are really good its the most likely choice i think.

greenmech quadchip here and haven't had any real issues over the last 2 years (machine was ex demo so is a bit older than that).

I will certainly look at the new timberwolf sub 750kg machine and the forst when I update mine.

really? Impressive you can keep an open mind after going the greenmech path. considering jumping ship?

You don't need to stick to 750kg due to legal reasons but if your working in a Manchester are you thinking of 750kg due to small tight areas, pushing it on your own comfortably etc.

Do you find you un hitch to get a decent angle? If so then the turntable offering can save time and effort, safer roadside working etc. If you've never found this an issue then maybe stick to an inline due to simpler build and easier service access.

Your obvious choices to consider...

Jensen

750 Contractor

A530

Timberwolf

TW190

TW 230

GreenMech

Arborist 150 34hp

Arborist 190

Turn table options

Jensen A530 DI & A540 DI