Front Projection Rules for Tractors/Mogs?

LGP Eddie

I just wonder if anyone knows what the current regs are with regard to the front projection of anything carried on the front links of a Tractor/Mog?

We obviously see some pretty special bits of kit sticking out from the front of Mogs and Tractors, often with lights obscured, but I've no idea of the actual rules for a little idea I have.

Thanks.

Eddie.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know either, there's some pretty special stuff that the farmers use, 1200 litres of spray for example, 3 ton bucket on a front loader etc...

I think so long as you stay within width restrictions and lights are visible, then its ok.

I have driven round with the posch processor on the front and the splitter on the back...

imag0271.jpg.1288f26607f991fc9d2a24b08826b1f7.jpg

It's a really hard thing to find actual guidance on?

I've seen huge front mower setups, but these had additional lighting on stalks to keep things fairly legal looking?

Obviously if I were farming I'd just stick all the roof working lights on and expect everyone else to jump out of the way!

The other point is does it really have to be an implement? I assume not as long as it's used in the course of the operation?

I'd have thought some of the Mog guys would know, and I've even heard of cameras fitted to aid pulling out at awkward places.

The Valtra looks fantastic Tom, I bet it's transformed the job?

Eddie.

i dont think anyone not even vosa could give a straight answer but as long as you are sensible and and have extra lighting and dont push your luck with size and weight and use common sense theres not much else you can do but carry on carefully

They will when they put you on a weighbridge and find out what the front axle weight is

They will when they put you on a weighbridge and find out what the front axle weight is

I'd be fine on that score, I doubt Tractors have a front axle plate but I'd be looking at a couple of tonnes on the front, which should be well within a T series Valta's capability given a 5 tonne linkage fitted.

Eddie.

I'd be fine on that score, I doubt Tractors have a front axle plate but I'd be looking at a couple of tonnes on the front, which should be well within a T series Valta's capability given a 5 tonne linkage fitted.

Eddie.

I wouldn't be so sure and your couple of tons will have a lot more impact when its got several feet of leverage in front of the axle

Just sayin