Front Projection Rules for Tractors/Mogs?

LGP Eddie

I have no evidence or certain knowledge on this matter,

But I have a niggling feeling that if an implement on the the tractor is used by the tractor- such as the mower/mulcher on the above jcb it's classed as part of the tractor, similar to loader or bale grab on telehandler.

Transporting the digger is a different machine, and therefore require different things- of which I wouldnt have a clue about

Doesn't help get a definitive answer, sorry

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you are going to have any problems Eddie it will be to do with using the tractor as a transporter rather than as a machine, not because it is unsafe or too large, as it seems quite clear that there are many larger agricultural implements being carried on the front.

I think if VOSA stop you their concern will be that you are transporting goods ( the digger ) this will be the same wether its on a trailer or front mounted however. it seems that if the implement attached to the tractor is used by the tractor then its ok to transport it, but if its a separate machine then its not ok. That said there are plenty of drainage contractors round here towing 360's behind fast tracs etc...

That's exactly what I was thinking. If mounting a digger to the front is such an issue due to the tool being mounted not being a part of the tractor, then build a link box that is part of it and put your digger in that. It would be as easy to drop the box and drive out of it as it would to drop the digger when on site, plus you have the added bonus of extra load space for jobs where the digger isn't needed or is being left on site.

It amazes me how much farmers can do when nobody else can. I can tow 18t with my mog but if I'm in my Ranger I can only tow 750kg because I haven't done a trailer test. That's a little bit silly no matter how you look at it.:thumbdown:

I was going to put a micro digger with grab in a transport box on the front of my u2150 years ago to feed my tp250, the cost of the digger was way too much at the time as they were just out.

So I opted for a fmv crane mounted between the linkage and chipper.

It would of worked if the fabricator hadn't done his own thing and made the crane base 1.5 tons and made the Mog almost wheely.

Then along came kid number 2 and I sold the lot!

Good luck mate, crack on!