log ( bottom ) prices

bythamboy

There is no such thing as a 1m3 "dumpy bag. I have got 1m3 bags and they are huge. 3 times the size of a builders bag. If you fill a 1n3 bag with split logs it will take 3 people to move it!!!

A standard size builders bag holds about .66c/mtr so 1.5 builders bags to a 1c/mtr bag.

Either way it's madly cheap and a shame its north west, I wouldn't bother picking an axe up at that price.

But I would imagine thats a typo or scam.

Softwood does not necessarily mean logs very similar advert here but with pictures showing what people actually get.

ONLY £15 FIREWOOD FIRE WOOD BURNER STOVE FUEL BULK BUILDERS TONNE SACK BAG LOGS SOFTWOOD ONLY £15 | United Kingdom | Gumtree

Looks like some people put demolition waste through a branch logger/pilke or similar machine & sell it as firewood.

Even if they are soaking, i'm guessing it would be quite profitable to buy say 100 cube and let them dry for a year. Then sell on for whatever you can get. Everyone's a winner.

I've often thought that James.

Even wet crap is good crap when it's dry.

The tonne/m3 bag thing drives me nuts.

A local firm sell kiln dried stuff in genuine 1m3 bags and they are big.

Hiabed off for delivery, obviously.

Quality product at a quality price, £117.50/m3 last time I looked.

I've tried buying and selling from local nutters before, did a couple of loads ok before the green ivy covered willow and nail ridden fence posts crept in.

They didn't know I was knocking it on, my farmer mate fronted saying he was filling a barn.

They had him down as trusting, which he isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

My late father always used to buy waste/offcuts for his wood burner, as a pensioner it heated his house for peanuts 👍👍

People selling this are offering a product that some people require, and they're working for a living. Good on em

I was buying logs this year at £15 a dumpy bag picked up 8 at a time , cost my time 2 hours . And £18 in feul , there up the yard drying . I have about 60-70 bags to sell in the next couple of years . I reckon there my be one tree of soft wood 1ft in dia , so winner !

A standard size builders bag holds about .66c/mtr so 1.5 builders bags to a 1c/mtr bag.

Builders bags in my area, from builders merchants, all vary in size slightly. the smallest are 0.7x0.7x0.7 = 0.35m3

the best I found as "dumpy bags" were 0.9x0.9x0.9 = 0.73m3 if they are filled to the top...which they are not!

the 0.9 bag would have to be lifted by a hi-ab, it would need 3 people to drag it across solid ground (concrete etc) and probably 4 to drag it across soft ground.

The point is that, as has been mentioned on here in various threads on manay occasions, that the bag size is so variable as to be irrelevent as a guide to accurate sizing of sales. The only thing you can guarantee is that they DO NOT hold 1.M3 and they do not weigh a tonne.

Despite this, the customer still believes it to be true!

I make it clear on my website exactly what size the bags are. We datacapture and communicate regularly via email with our customers and use that opportunity to make points like this and a conversational way. Hopefully, over time, this will have the effect of educating the customer on the pitfalls and vagaries of the various styles of selling logs.