EU court rules fatness now officially a disability

Wood wasp

Huge respect to you for that. Is your Arb company anything to do with the guy that wrote the book "Wasted" Read it a couple of months ago. An extraordinary story, should be on all school's curriculum reading list.

No the book about our lot is called "we dance because we cannot fly"

It tells the story of BETEL.

How it started with one junkie in Spain and then spread across the globe... We're in over 100 cities including Mexico , Russia , Kazakhstan, Mongolia, India . All over Europe and of course the UK.

It is a truly amazing story of changed lives. I'm blessed to be a small part of it. Did all my tickets in Betel and now run a centre and business.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the book about our lot is called "we dance because we cannot fly"

It tells the story of BETEL.

How it started with one junkie in Spain and then spread across the globe... We're in over 100 cities including Mexico , Russia , Kazakhstan, Mongolia, India . All over Europe and of course the UK.

It is a truly amazing story of changed lives. I'm blessed to be a small part of it. Did all my tickets in Betel and now run a centre and business.

Brilliant stuff! Coincidentally a friend of mine has done loads of used furniture stuff with BETEL.

The author of the book I read, Wasted, ended up setting up an Arb company and now is a national drugs advisor and campaigner.

Just ordered "We dance.............."

Are we not all "addicted" to food?? Try quitting, you'll last under a month.

We do have people here who have eating disorders. My wife used to have an eating disorder. The difficulty is that unlike drugs and alcohol, food can never be completely removed from a persons lifestyle.

Whereas I've been completely free of drugs for over 8 years, my wife still has to eat every day and maintain a healthy relationship with food.

As I understand it, the first step to recovery for any addiction is the acceptance of the problem. Reading this thread and in consideration of the levels of morbid obesity, I wonder if there are physcological reasons involved.

Admittedly, as someone who can eat whatever and as much as I want without weight gain, I find it difficult to understand the complaints of people who constantly diet. But, I struggle to believe that everyone whose weight is affecting their health, their own and their families lives, simply just can't see that it is a problem.

It's easy to see why people are overweight, the fat family at the checkout with a trolley full of pizza's and ice-cream, but I just can't see why there is no acknowledgement.

Are we not all "addicted" to food?? Try quitting, you'll last under a month.

I've had an enforced abstinence (from food) since Friday tea time. It's been like an ebola reception centre here since the D&V started at some point Friday night.

Wife says she's lost 4lb, I don't know what I've lost (apart from a lot of dignity) since I can't remember last time I weighed myself.

Please let this pass before Christmas! Whilst I haven't done any exercise to burn calories, I am already feeling the effects of food deprivation - muddled thoughts, a bit of mild confusion and absent mindedness.

For years, up til three years back, I could eat on demand, eat loads, then loads more and not really gain much weight. I was a steady 14ish stone. One of the lucky ones. Hard work and good food kept a good level for me, so easy. Then I fell critically ill, my thyroid went doo lally and went into overdrive, chemically poisoning me. Then I crashed health-wise with UC which turned my life around somewhat. Everything I ate caused severe bleeding and my body shut down in sort of defensive mode. I lost weight rapidly, dropped to 9st in a month. The following weeks were a sort of hell, drip fed while all around were fed normally. I got so I just relied on a bag of drip feed daily, 24/7 for several weeks. Then post surgery I was able to eat again. But now it's to survive, no pleasure at all, afraid of every mouthful in case it caused problems. Three years on I'm 16st 2, weight has levelled out, I can't gain or lose much but I'm fairly well muscled and a little loose around the surgery area. It'd have been easy (having been told to eat loads to put the weight back on) to have over done it, but common sense makes you keep a check on progress, and adjust diets accordingly to suit your NEEDS, not your WANTS. Sorry for the ramble, just trying to explain my theories, and my reasoning why obese people could help themselves.