Help on options for 4x4 with 3500kg towing...?

theflyingscotsman

But surely

Landrover =2.5 ton

Trailer = .5- 1 ton

Total = 3- 3.5 ton before anything is on the trailer.

You are now above 3.5 gross train weight, and you will need a tacho to carry anything on your trailer.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Arbtalk mobile app

That's very dependant on what you do and what you carry, there are exemptions. I don't see the issue with getting a tacho if you need one.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk about tail wagging dog is 100% down to bad driving and bad loading of trailer, iv never been wagged in my 110, simply cause I load it correctly and drive accordingly.

:thumbup:

Never been wagged in my 90, even pulling an 18ft high sided Ifor with a full load.

My pet "hobby-horse" at present, is the blind acceptance that 3500kg plant type trailers NEED to weigh about 1000kg.

I would be considering owt over 600kg as being too heavy.

Why not fabricate from aluminium alloy, or hi-yield steels, or at least sommat other than humble hot-dip galv mild steel.

The first firm to offer a good product in this catogory will clean up good.

regards,

Marcus

What are u on about?

Thanks for your replies chaps.

I'm still looking at what with out a doubt will tow 3.5T legally out of the factory.

Can a Defender 90? What about a transit? Can a hilux invincible? The trailer and the way it's pulled is one thing but it's cart before the horse!🐴

Could really be doing with knowing all my vehicle options first.

Cheers

[Q UOTE=CallumA;1221184]A Hilux will pull 3.5 tons but not legally. They have fallen behind in terms of towing weights. Izuzu DMax or new Ford Ranger.

I have heard Toyota have up rated the towing to 3.5 ton as they are lacking in this area.

I've got a 63 plate hi lux (works vehicle) and it's not the best for towing. It's the 2.5 litre not the invincible!! ;(

I have a 3.5t tipping trailer, 105tt or something. I started towing it with an l200 warrior then a new hylux invincible, for the past year an a half I've been pulling it with an '04 plate disco 2. I've also pulled it with my dads navara. the best tool for the job....... by far is the disco. its sat at 150k at the moment and have already decided when it goes pop i'm having another. I would like a defender but suffer from the impairment of having elbows.