Anybody else been having trouble with Clark Forest SuperTack bio chain oil?

Andrew Barrett

I've used it for two years, both my 026's don't oil well despite several strip downs. I suspected it was a possible fault with these models of saw.

My issue with bio oil is the mess its made of my ms200

I use it a lot with the bar tip pointing upwards and the excess oil runs back into the saw caking the fins in baked on gunk.

I would say its more likely an issue with bio oil in general and not specific to super tack.

I'm going to trial rapeseed next.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we've been having trouble with saws not oiling - but assumed they were all just gunked with crud.

we moved back to bio last spring and was worried it might cause problems at the time but haven't till now - I hadn't linked it with the bio oil as my original concern was associated with it getting too thick to run when the weather cooled down - but it still appears runny in the tanks?

Despite (or perhaps because of!) me posting on a recent thread that we've been using Clark Forest SuperTack bio chain oil for a couple of years now with no issues, we've been having loads of problems with oiling just recently.

I used to run the saws with the oiler on medium but over last couple of months have ended up with every saw on maximum.

Even so, last week both the 200T's stopped oiling - despite them being checked the weekend before.

Petrol would run through - or even if just a little fuel mix was added to the oil tank. But as soon as just the bio oil - nothing.

I have just rung Clark Forest to ask if they have changed the formula recently but they said they are unaware of any changes and have not had other complaints.

Am fed up with these issues so have decided to switch back to mineral oil for a month or so to see if oiling problems clear up.

Anybody else been having similar problems?

Hi mate ARE YOU NOT BETTER TAKING THIS UP WITH CLACKS MATE THANKS JON

To Stephen Blair, Hodge and mendiplogs - I have already contacted Clark Forest about this (as mentioned in my initial post).

They do not make the SuperTack in house and (Blair) thanked me for bringing my issues to their attention.

I have gone from zero problems (at any time of year) to regular oiling issues with several saws - even with every oiler turned up to max. I am aware coincidences do happen in life but I considered it at least possible this batch of oil was different (not that Clarks are aware of).

So, I thought I would ask on here IF anyone else has been having problems. I have not said on here the SuperTack is definitely the problem - I am trying to increase my sample size.

This problem has already been brought up by another user recently on a different thread:

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/chainsaws/81183-bio-chain-oil.html