red diesel ' Cherry'

Yorkshireman

The recent toyota brake failure issue, I imagine the authorities didn't believe the first few.

" It wasnt me sir, it was the car"

"So you admitting you was not in control of the vehicle then"

Followed by appropriate fines until post crash investigation revealed gremlins.

Plus how many recalls are there? Its a fact of life, imperfect people make imperfect things and a vehicle of any type has a lot of components. Clarksons Ford GT had alarm and electrical problems.

Please……..

Accident investigation precedes prosecution they need the investigation as evidence.

Recalls happen for a lot of reasons but the vast majority won’t get you in any sort of trouble with the authorities

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn’t change it, I thought you were the proponent of change.

The system isn’t perfect, but systems seldom are. I have seen the good side and the bad side, all in all I can live with it.

Treequip come clean are you a VOSA man in your spare time. Or does your wife work for them?

Or do you just love the uniform come on you can tell us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treequip come clean are you a VOSA man in your spare time. Or does your wife work for them?

Or do you just love the uniform come on you can tell us!

Nope, none of the above, quite the opposite in fact.

I have been the victim of a complete arse who ran his kit in rag bad order and wiped out some of my kit because he “couldn’t be bothered” maintaining his.

I welcome VOSA HMCE Plod or whoever that keeps such scum off the streets.

People will always take chances VOSA will never change it alone, I think the people of the UK in general look after there motors. You only have to look at other European country's like Spain and Italy.

Britain's answer to everything is more enforcement whether it needs or not.

I don’t live there and neither do you(?) so I don’t think we are qualified to draw comparisons but if we are generalising I am going to say that in Spain they don’t give a monkeys manyana is plenty good enough and in Italy you can generally bribe your way out of trouble

I don’t live there and neither do you(?) so I don’t think we are qualified to draw comparisons but if we are generalising I am going to say that in Spain they don’t give a monkeys manyana is plenty good enough and in Italy you can generally bribe your way out of trouble

Why would I not be qualified to draw comparisons, I unlike yourself have worked there for years. That's like me saying to you your not qualified to discuss roadtransport with someone like me.

Get over yourself, the argument normally is that it's not the UK making these rules it's Europe. So why do certain country's clearly turn a blind eyes to the legislation?

Spain might not give a monkeys when it comes to there cars and roads but the would leave the UK standing when it comes to getting there priority's rite.

Crikey Smokey, that’s why I put the (?) in there.

I think to make an objective comparison you would need to have run and operated vehicles in both countries but that’s just a pragmatic view.

Since you have worked in Spain you will have a good grasp of the demographics, that alone will tell you the countries don’t bear direct comparison. The UK has double the population densities for a start.

If road haulage in the UK were allowed to “not give a monkeys” there would be a lot more carnage on the roads.

If you think the UK is over regulated you ought to try some of our EU brethren. Germany would be a good place to start, having run commercials for a number of years in Germany I can speak objectively, you never had it so good here.

We got a GV9 (equivalent) on a VW van when a passing beat plod noticed the plastic bumper end caps were missing (they had been nicked during the night). A drop of oil under your vehicle will get you the same treatment. On another occasion I pulled over to ask a plod for directions and got a ticket for a defective side light.

So you have worked someplace where things are more “relaxed” and I have worked someplace where things are stricter. I don’t think the UK is over regulated in fact we are about middle of the road (no pun intended).

Anyhooo, your tag line still says “If you don't like how things are, change it!” I don’t think arguing the toss on here is going to do that.

Crikey Smokey, that’s why I put the (?) in there.

I think to make an objective comparison you would need to have run and operated vehicles in both countries but that’s just a pragmatic view.

Since you have worked in Spain you will have a good grasp of the demographics, that alone will tell you the countries don’t bear direct comparison. The UK has double the population densities for a start.

If road haulage in the UK were allowed to “not give a monkeys” there would be a lot more carnage on the roads.

If you think the UK is over regulated you ought to try some of our EU brethren. Germany would be a good place to start, having run commercials for a number of years in Germany I can speak objectively, you never had it so good here.

We got a GV9 (equivalent) on a VW van when a passing beat plod noticed the plastic bumper end caps were missing (they had been nicked during the night). A drop of oil under your vehicle will get you the same treatment. On another occasion I pulled over to ask a plod for directions and got a ticket for a defective side light.

So you have worked someplace where things are more “relaxed” and I have worked someplace where things are stricter. I don’t think the UK is over regulated in fact we are about middle of the road (no pun intended).

Anyhooo, your tag line still says “If you don't like how things are, change it!” I don’t think arguing the toss on here is going to do that.

There would be alot more carnage on the road.

How do you know that?

Bad operating doesn't equal death that's bad driving.

It would play a factor yes but because someone over looks servicing doesn't mean he's a killer.

You kept going on about change.

Should I start something similar to fathers for justice?

Something like drivers for justice and we will start handcuffing ourselves. To VOSA car door handles.

The way I see it is if they started shooting people for having a bald tyre you would be in agreement with it, and that would be simply because the system is set up that way.

There would be alot more carnage on the road.

How do you know that?

Bad operating doesn't equal death that's bad driving.

It would play a factor yes but because someone over looks servicing doesn't mean he's a killer.

You kept going on about change.

Should I start something similar to fathers for justice?

Something like drivers for justice and we will start handcuffing ourselves. To VOSA car door handles.

The way I see it is if they started shooting people for having a bald tyre you would be in agreement with it, and that would be simply because the system is set up that way.

Last time I got stopped at a VOSA check (there is a weighbridge I pass regularly) there was an artic with a leaking balance pipe clamped off with a pair of mole grips, that means one side of the brakes on that axle weren’t working. He was dragging a tanker full of acid. That’s bad operating that will lead to the truck not stopping properly.

Doesn’t matter how good or bad a driver you are if it won’t stop.

If that’s what the bad guys get up to in the face of regulation how is it going to be without any?

I think shooting for a bald tyre is a tad excessive but if it were on a steer axle kneecapping for a second offence would be OK, ridiculous?....probably but you started it.

As for change, you are the one going on about change, it’s on the bottom of all your posts

If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree.

but all you want to do is go on at me instead or practicing what you preach.

How you do it is up to you, any thoughts on your outfit yet?