red diesel ' Cherry'

Yorkshireman

The way round it is to have two tanks one red one white with two change over valves one for feed and one return. If u are worried about tainting it remember the tanker that delivers your fuel uses the same pipes and tanks to deliver red or white.

This is now illegal.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you look into it deeper guys you will find that running red/ white to suit the job doent work out, the vehicles are supposed to be registered according to the work they carry out and use the appropriate fuel, if a vehicle is registered agricultural/forestry then thats what its meant to be used for, just because you can register certain vehicles under this category doesnt give you the right to use rebated diesel.

If you are going between places of work no problem provided it is for Agricultural/ForestryHorticultural purposes. Reasons unknown are Tree Surgery is not an allowed use unless for roadside works such as on Hawthorn hedges.

If you have a woodland/are purchasing wood lengths which you in person are felling and wish to move products back to a place of sale like farmers do with potatoes and hay this is also ok.

I have looked into this and the NFU/FCA have also.

Haulage of someone elses products is not.

i think we should be very careful in the promotion of the illegal useage of (cherry derv) as a few people on hear have commented, a previouse thread was stopped on grounds of illegal or unpropper conduct a few members who criticised another on that are promoting this! im sure tax evasion would be delt with alot tougher concequences than the former, im sure mr bullmen your not promoteing the useage of mixed derv?

It's not a case of promoting anything but because they change the laws to suit themselves we all just go along with it. Wither it is right or not that's why we are in the state we are in VOSA self funded tax collectors who don't know the law unless they have a laptop that tells what's right and what's wrong.

We are made to feel scared of theses people when going about our daily duties, nobody wants to admit to using red to save a few pound and that's the reality of it. So all you do gooders fill your tractor's up with premium priced white because the law says you have to, we all talk about crime but who is the victim here the straight laced government we voted for, do you think the country will suffer for the use of red diesel.

Don't make me laugh, just keep your heads in the sand, and keep moving like sheep, because if the government says that it wrong then it must be they would now best there track records proved that.:sneaky2:

It's not a case of promoting anything but because they change the laws to suit themselves we all just go along with it. Wither it is right or not that's why we are in the state we are in VOSA self funded tax collectors who don't know the law unless they have a laptop that tells what's right and what's wrong.

We are made to feel scared of theses people when going about our daily duties, nobody wants to admit to using red to save a few pound and that's the reality of it. So all you do gooders fill your tractor's up with premium priced white because the law says you have to, we all talk about crime but who is the victim here the straight laced government we voted for, do you think the country will suffer for the use of red diesel.

Don't make me laugh, just keep your heads in the sand, and keep moving like sheep, because if the government says that it wrong then it must be they would now best there track records proved that.:sneaky2:

Are you sure you are up to speed on this issue? I’m curious, what taxes you think VOSA collect? I am also confused how VOSA comes into a thread that is about rebated fuel. It’s outside their remit. The man you need to worry about is HMCE.

I for one would be pleased if the man that was deciding if I had broken the law checked in the first place and I wouldn’t care if he used a laptop or “phoned a friend”

How would it be if your next competitor was using red to save a few pounds (read tax evasion) and that few pounds gave them a competitive advantage that means they just keep beating you on price.

If you are illegally using rebated fuel rather than paying the tax like everyone else I think the country will suffer

Well what else do VOSA do but fine people meaning collecting money that in it's self is tax collecting in a sense, I think you know what I meant.

And what I mean by VOSA checking a laptop to find out about the law, if they knew there job they would know what the can do and what they can't.

So what your saying is you you would happy if everyone doing a job of authority had to cross reference everything before they could go ahead before issuing fines.

These are the people hounding the life out of the transport industry to the point people can't go any more.

On the spot fines, GV9's for easily for fixed problems the removal of cpc's closure of businesses. Remember this is all in the name of road safety.

If you read the thread you will see how VOSA was mentioned.

Nobody is saying run everything on red the law changes and who let's you know? The answer nobody you find for your yourself ignorance is no excuse the law says.

This is why this thread was started as there lots of people out there don't know the in's and out's of running red and the law.

As for your point about rebated fuel and paying tax and the country suffering, do you honestly believe that the use of red diesel would have the country suffering after everything that go's with government wastage. Rebated fuel is a spit in the ocean!

So there you go hope that's put closure on your curiosity, and am sure you will let me know if you think am still not up to speed with this issue.