Trouble with Council

liam1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Cornwall, Cornwall council have 'outsourced' some of their traditional roles to Cormac - a PLC. A PLC that is 100% share owned by..........

Cornwall council!

So Cormac - and all the original staff and equipment that transferred from Cornwall council to Cormac have a fixed contract for works for Cornwall council but since Cormac is a PLC it is now able to tender for other private works.

A council that hasn't done something like this is not allowed to tender for private work since it is a state funded entity and it would present an unfair advantage.

There's quite a lot of tech / legal background to the transfer process (bit dull for here) but watch out Nottingham, Cormac are looking to partner with your council!

Hi just had some trouble with rugby borough council and a application for works in a conservation area, i applied and they went out to view the trees we were due to work on and they offered my customer who had accepted my quote a quote themselves!! which didn't realise they could do being a council which he agreed to and they undercut me and got the job. should councils be allowed to do this?

This is going on more and more, not only have you lost out on your income, you are also in part paying for the tree work, how do you think they can come in and undercut legitimate sole traders and tree companys ??? its because we payed through our taxes for there chippers , mewps, saws, holidays, and boy, do the council know haw to take holidays, training, pickups, PD but only if they are paid and its in work time, waste disposal, fuel, overtime, and i know of a council worker who often would sleep over in the afternoon while at work and book it out as overtime, check out our LPA they have even set up a limited company to take the losses and undercut other company's as and when they like, once they have the tender its very easy to then negotiate more money ( from the tax payer, you and me )

Its shocking what goes on Welcome

This is going on more and more, not only have you lost out on your income, you are also in part paying for the tree work, how do you think they can come in and undercut legitimate sole traders and tree companys ??? its because we payed through our taxes for there chippers , mewps, saws, holidays, and boy, do the council know haw to take holidays, training, pickups, PD but only if they are paid and its in work time, waste disposal, fuel, overtime, and i know of a council worker who often would sleep over in the afternoon while at work and book it out as overtime, check out our LPA they have even set up a limited company to take the losses and undercut other company's as and when they like, once they have the tender its very easy to then negotiate more money ( from the tax payer, you and me )

Its shocking what goes on Welcome

I can see it happening more and more in the future.....

Whats Yellow & sleeps 5.......?

Cormac road gang van!

I live and work in Rugby, and it's a big f you to the independent tree teams when this happens.

The council tree team are subsidised by tax payers money, and then they compete in an underhand manner in the private sector . They can afford to work for far less since taxpayers money covers overheads, wages etc.

It's wrong.

Nowt against the lads doing the work, a jobs a job, but when it affects small business something's gonna have to give.