261or362

Andy fellows

Personally from the few I have had in, the MS261 did have clutch drum bearing issues with the glass fibre ones falling apart. I would hope Stihl have sorted this issue by now.

The MS362s I have had in have been the normal adjusted carb ones and TBH, find them a little heavy and sluggish in comparison to the 560XP/357XP but know your Husqvarna dealer is many miles away:thumbdown:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally from the few I have had in, the MS261 did have clutch drum bearing issues with the glass fibre ones falling apart. I would hope Stihl have sorted this issue by now.

The MS362s I have had in have been the normal adjusted carb ones and TBH, find them a little heavy and sluggish in comparison to the 560XP/357XP but know your Husqvarna dealer is many miles away:thumbdown:

Interested to hear you professional view on the older 260?

Interested to hear you professional view on the older 260?

Pretty reliable, can have some weird carb issues on the earlier 026, having used the 260 and 346xp, the latter has better AV and has more whizz to it. spares plentiful, can develop lower piston skirt wear in time and corresponding piston slap but a reasonable bit of kit!

I run the 261-cm & I'm very happy with it. It really is so versatile, great weight to power ratio. The important thing about this saw is that it's a great mid-range machine as I can use it for felling both small and large trees. I run it on a 16" as that way I get maximum chain speed with it :)

Pretty reliable, can have some weird carb issues on the earlier 026, having used the 260 and 346xp, the latter has better AV and has more whizz to it. spares plentiful, can develop lower piston skirt wear in time and corresponding piston slap but a reasonable bit of kit!

Thanks for that,good info:thumbup1:

I've had a 261 from knew and so has many of my colleagues. Problems problems problems. In the month I've had mine the needle bearing has disintegrated, had to replace rim sprocket for a spur, chain brake has stiffened up and replaced and has now currently stiffened up again. The chip is poor! My machine cuts out alot!!! And takes some to get going again. Out of over a dozen saws not one has survived over two weeks.!!! My choice would be to tab it out to that husky dealer and get a 560. Stear clear of the 261. Imo that is