Hetas course

Gillsgardening

I'll find out from him, just want to keep him sweet at the minute back doing the installers course on the 15th and it now requires 100% in both the practical and theory, so may need all the help I can get. I did question how do petrol stations get away with selling logs, and he said it's because they are sold on a cash and carry basis I and they don't know where they will be taken too! :confused1:

In 2011 a firewood suppier was find in Edinburgh sheriff court £2000

For selling logs to be burnt on an open fire in the city of Edinburgh. The first smoke free zone in the Uk. We make sure, only sell logs to people with log burners that pass the smoke free test. The council has wardens looking out for smoke from chimeny pots.

For selling logs to be burnt on an open fire in the city of Edinburgh. The first smoke free zone in the Uk. We make sure, only sell logs to people with log burners that pass the smoke free test. The council has wardens looking out for smoke from chimeny pots.

Umm... How do you make sure of that? Do you inspect the stove before sale and then compare the male/model to a list of stove that are allowed in a smoke free area?

What do you charge for this service

WTF?

Are you meant to sit and hold their hand while they burn 2.5m3 on their DEFRA approved stove, sitting downstairs in a ninja suit every night in case they sneak through and put a couple of your logs on an open fire?

BOLLOCKS.

Totally unenforcable.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

All new smoke free burners are listed on govement site. All you do is quick look, very nice app too. Defra exempt stoves. Installer gives the owner its pass book too. ( MOT ) each year. Its Best wize up on this, its another way for cash straped councils to make money. Sticking your head in the sand and saying didn't know or wasn't me gov wont wash. Read the law about supplying fuels. Its all on the web, and you the log supplier.

Even if it's true, this is bonkers. What if logs are delivered Mr., Mrs., Mis. or Miss somewhere where there's not a restriction; but then the buyer takes some or all of the delivery to their holiday home where there is a restriction? More money for old rope that's being yanked by someone else.

I know its a big risk. We have a discamer on our invoice, when signed by buyer to cover us. My friend who has been fined won't sell logs in a smoke free zone now. Thereis no risk to the user saying he or she didin't know and then pass the buck onto the seller. All wrong they become a witness at court too. Total pants...................