Lightning

Mark Bolam

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would of thought it would of had an earth anyway john:confused1:

Technically yes, but it's not a good earth, ideally they need a copper spike hammering into the ground with a nice thick copper ribbon to the machine.......and if lightning does threaten, get down inside the basket so it acts as a farraday cage (if thats the right spelling)

Next best alternative is as soon as you spy nimbus cumulus, get down and wait for them to pass.

Can you be struck by forked lightning and live? Without being messed up?

You would need to ask a golfer, but it would be hard to assess whether they have been screwed up after being hit.

The mere fact that they find pleasure in knocking a little white ball around a mowed field in the peeing rain and wind suggests to m they were screwed up before the lightning struck

You would need to ask a golfer, but it would be hard to assess whether they have been screwed up after being hit.

The mere fact that they find pleasure in knocking a little white ball around a mowed field in the peeing rain and wind suggests to m they were screwed up before the lightning struck

Haha, classic Dean! :thumbup1:

I don't really worry about it.

I used to work with a Cable Hauler,somtimes we would have several kilometers of wire rope hanging accross a gulley,plus a 80ft steel spar and six tie backs.We would work right through some crazy thunderstorms,never heard of any Haulers getting struck.

With all the hundreds of thousands of wet Trees around you,I think the odds of lightning striking the Tree you are in probably equates with the odds of being eaten by a Shark or spontainiously combusting.