husky 357xp problem

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good news guys , i spoke to husky's technical department this morning , they asked for the serial number so i gave them it and they told me it was a faulty carb and that they would send me a new carb for free , i then asked weather it was common and they told me it was untill they changed the carb from a warbro carb to a zamma , so wile i was there i checked the other serial number on the other 357 and they are also sending a carb for that one for free . tbh im really impressed with there response , its a shame stihl were not as help full with my ms200's i have had to pay for 5 carbs for them !!!!

may not be the carb on 200 take. both side casings off & clean thru take of the muffler & look @ the piston ,if the piston has picked up even slightley no new carb will sort it out

may not be the carb on 200 take. both side casings off & clean thru take of the muffler & look @ the piston ,if the piston has picked up even slightley no new carb will sort it out

yeah i had checked all of that before calling still , they asked what the carb was on the first one and gave me the part number so i checked it and i had one of the dodgy carbs , i did not expect the other 4 ms200t's that i bought over the next 18 months to all have that carb and neither did i expect stihl to want the full list price for replacing them when they kbew it was a common fault with them , in future i think i will look at husky saws with a little more favor in future !!

good news guys , i spoke to husky's technical department this morning , they asked for the serial number so i gave them it and they told me it was a faulty carb and that they would send me a new carb for free , i then asked weather it was common and they told me it was untill they changed the carb from a warbro carb to a zamma , so wile i was there i checked the other serial number on the other 357 and they are also sending a carb for that one for free . tbh im really impressed with there response , its a shame stihl were not as help full with my ms200's i have had to pay for 5 carbs for them !!!!

Me and my big gob! Went out yesterday and the 357 was doing exactly what you said you had a problem with. Off to the dealer in Chelford to try and get a new carb. Free of charge of course!

Just returned from my Husqvarna dealer, they got in touch with Husqvarna and were told it's a batch of dodgy carbs where the needle gets blocked. Husqvarna are obviously keeping this quiet, but as CTC said, if you have a problem with idle and cut out, call into your dealer and they will fix it FOC.

I was told by my dealer to use low smoke 2 stroke oil in my new 357XP. I do anyway, but now and then I use someone else's bog standard 2 stroke and its a barsteward to start. They said the new carbs are designed for the bio mixes. My saw starts first time every time and runs perfectly, best ground saw I've had in 15 years.

yeah i had checked all of that before calling still , they asked what the carb was on the first one and gave me the part number so i checked it and i had one of the dodgy carbs , i did not expect the other 4 ms200t's that i bought over the next 18 months to all have that carb and neither did i expect stihl to want the full list price for replacing them when they kbew it was a common fault with them , in future i think i will look at husky saws with a little more favor in future.

Did you buy a Husky top handle when they fist came out ? :thumbdown:,put a lot of people off for life.

Looks like Husky may have changed .