Smokers.

Bren.

Here's my rules on giving up (it took me about 10 years)

1) Fag's don't give you anything they just rob you of your money and kill you off.

2) The longer you leave it the harder it gets

3) £9-20 for 20 Embo's is complete madness

4) They make you stink like a dustbin

5) Its all in your mind

6) Never give up on a Monday

7) Don't be that lonely fool outside the hospital on a drip with a fag having your Kemo

8) At best you will end up with COPD at about 55 years old

9) Chill out and have a Red Bush tea

10) Never give up trying to give up

Good luck people you know its the right thing to do.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn't they say the same about cigarettes back in the 60's before everyone started dropping dead?

There's nothing worse than an ex-smoker

I'm not an ex-smoker. I'm a smoker who's trying to be ex, but you can keep slagging me off for it if you like. I'm not doing it for you.

Here's my rules on giving up (it took me about 10 years)

1) Fag's don't give you anything they just rob you of your money and kill you off.

2) The longer you leave it the harder it gets

3) £9-20 for 20 Embo's is complete madness

4) They make you stink like a dustbin

5) Its all in your mind

6) Never give up on a Monday

7) Don't be that lonely fool outside the hospital on a drip with a fag having your Kemo

8) At best you will end up with COPD at about 55 years old

9) Chill out and have a Red Bush tea

10) Never give up trying to give up

Good luck people you know its the right thing to do.

Sorry, posted before i read your next post.

BTW what is an embo?

And yes I hate evangelists too.

Promise I will try not to be one ( once I class myself as an ex-smoker).

I'm not an ex-smoker. I'm a smoker who's trying to be ex, but you can keep slagging me off for it if you like. I'm not doing it for you.

Don't worry about it people all judge you what ever you do.

I gave up before the smoking ban in pubs came in. Really struggled going in the boozer with out a smoke my gaffer suggested buying 10 cigars before long I was smoking 25 to30 of them a day. When my was born I gave up and started 12 months ago after going through a stressful time now smoking 30 a day.

What makes me feel more guilty it spending a year in a children's hospital with my boy seeing kids with cancer.

I'm stopping for Jan 1st

I was a passionate smoker. Haven't had one for 11 years. Everyone knows the negatives. I would focus more on the positives but much more than that you have to want to quit. I prepared myself over 12 months then set a date. I was smoking full tilt (20-40 fags on a night out, less during normal days) until I quit. Cold turkey. Forget the substitutes like nicorette etc Take yourself away from the situations like other smokers (where possible) the moments you always smoke eg after dinner or with a pint or cup of tea. Be strong. Its not easy, and maybe you'll miss some elements but on balance, from my experience, you'll feel better both physically and emotionally. Good luck and keep trying. If you relapse try again.

I have really tried to give up. Ended up chewing up half a pack of the nicorette tic tac type things, then tried the gum, ended up having a smoke with the gum to give it some taste, tried patches, wanted to roll it up and smoke it.

Any suggestions or is cold turkey the way forward?

I think different things work for different people. If you've tried all that stuff unsuccessfully you've got nothing to lose cold turkey style. Personally; addiction to smoking was much more associated with my mind and habit and thoughts. The actual physical addiction is easier to let go than you think. If you know why you smoke or want to smoke or what triggers you to light the next one perhaps it will be easier to stop. It's proper hard, but Keep trying to quit. Good luck

Allen Carrs book is meant to be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I used the Alan Carr book, it's good and not in your face " your going to die etc" it's more telling you how can a little stick rule your life, I've been stopped cold turkey 2 months this Monday coming , been some hard times but on whole after the first three weeks it was a lot easier. Problems with addictive people are they need one addiction to replace another,Maine is getting the push bike out and back into road cycling, much better addiction.