Smokers.

Bren.

Never smoked, and never wanted too.

I know nicotine is addictive, but I think the whole getting up to go outside, or rolling up lighting up is also addictive. Bit like people are now addicted to there phones. Its something to do when your bored.

That why I think the Ecigs will work better than patches and gum.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I packed up when I was 25 and I'm 62 now. I smoked at least 20 a day and went onto roll ups to save money thinking it would slow me down but I could roll enough to last me all day and Old Holborn was so nice. A friend of mine smokes and has tried all the gimmicks to pack up. We worked out it's costing him over £70 a week but he still keeps doing it. He needs some physical deterrent like hitting round the head every time he reaches for the packet :D I just stopped dead buying them when we were going away and the garage had none so I said that's it and never had one since.

Packed it in 4 years ago with the help of patches. Then after 2 weeks kept forgetting to put the patches on so didn't bother with them after that. But there are days that I could still go one. I think you will stop if you want to! the correct frame of mind and attitude helps and if ecigs help go for it.

Good luck

Callum

I smoked, properly for 33 years. I am almost 48. I quit smoking just over 3 years ago. I was a roll up man.

On the evening of the the morning that I quit, with patches, I went out to the shed where my cats used to live (before they died of being 20 years old)

I smashed the top of my head on the top of the door frame because I wasn't used to being a non smoker, and I will admit to crying, embarrassingly hard. It was Nov 13th 2011.

I have only smoked twice since, one a 3 drag roll up and once a spliff.

The spliff was nice, with minimal tobacco, and reminded me of when I used to do that before I had to grow up.

I am currently addicted to nicotine gum, who knows what the the ramifications of that are?

Smokers reek. Trust me on this.

On what basis did they say that they are "bad news"? Given that they are "untested" and "no one really knows the effects ".

Sorry, but you really can't have your cake and eat it. No research means that you can't really put forward that sort of an argument.

There is, however, lots of evidence that shows that fags are really bad for you.

Didn't they say the same about cigarettes back in the 60's before everyone started dropping dead?

There's nothing worse than an ex-smoker