346xp (50cc) feeling a little tired.

Gerbutt

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would give Alain from Declicmotorculture.com in France a email about Meteor parts, he was very helpful when I recently purchased a Meteor cylinder and piston kit and a crankshaft for my Husky 372xp , I paid by paypal and received it within a week. There are others as Spud said but I can't recommend them more highly by the service i received.:thumbup:

I am sure all this port and muffler modifications increase power, it probably increases chain speed and creates power bands, not to be funny and critise anything that has been done, but what happens if somebody has an accident with a moded saw, the HSE gets involved, Husqvarna get envolved, trousers get cut through and the s t hits the fan because it is no longer a standard saw withe the spec quoted in the operators manual??

No trousers can withstand a standard saw anyway so I wouldn't worry unless you plan on cutting your legs. I doubt the hse would even know a chainsaw was ported unless they gave it a thorough testing which they won't. It's like if Ive insured my car and told them I've had no modifications but really I've had fast road cams installed to give it a bit more power, if I crash the police or the insurance company won't pull the rocker covers to see what mods I've done because it looks like a standard car, same as a saw really

I am sure all this port and muffler modifications increase power, it probably increases chain speed and creates power bands, not to be funny and critise anything that has been done, but what happens if somebody has an accident with a moded saw, the HSE gets involved, Husqvarna get envolved, trousers get cut through and the s t hits the fan because it is no longer a standard saw withe the spec quoted in the operators manual??

I guess the same can be asked of chipped cars or any equipment that is modified. I usually make sure that the saw is to be used by the owner of the saw and not by employees as their safety and duty of care is up to their employer.

In short, I modify a saw, it is up to the owner to use it safely. All modified saws get their chainbrake and chain catcher checked over and it surprises me the number that come in with the chain catcher missing!

if I damaged myself with one of my modified saws, I would put it down as an accident but am as sure as I can be that the accident would have probably occurred with or without the modification.

Sorry to correct you but all pro chainsaw accidents are reported to the HSE the saw gets impounded and returned to the importer, they would then report on the condition of the saw, i am sure they would notice it had been moded, as for accidents nobody expects to set out in the morning to cut them selves, these things unfortunatly happen, if the saw has penetrated the trousers the manufacturer will get invoved, i have been there so i know the what happens. As i said i am not critisising just asking the question.