TW125 problem

Mark Bolam

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope theres no long lasting issues from poor servicing! No or lack of oil is a serious issue... get on the phone and get them to pick it up and.rectify it!

If it was down to poor servicing...

Thats a bit like catching someone trying to nick your gear - then getting them to keep an eye on it as punishment. :lol::lol:

Fuel tank was minging.

Drained and swilled out.

Can't get a fuel filter till tomorrow.

I'm worried about crap in the carb now.

Also, the engine had hardly any oil in it, and the plug and fuel filter hadn't been replaced.

Some service that was, then.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Im going on about this quote

If it was down to poor servicing...

Thats a bit like catching someone trying to nick your gear - then getting them to keep an eye on it as punishment. :lol::lol:

I know where you're coming from.

The current problem was there before the service though, which is why I booked the service.

My gripe is that a lot of stuff wasn't done which I would expect to be during a service, especially the oil.

I know where you're coming from.

The current problem was there before the service though, which is why I booked the service.

My gripe is that a lot of stuff wasn't done which I would expect to be during a service, especially the oil.

from what you have described perhaps they never serviced your chipper at all it may have just got overlooked and someone thought it had been done

it may be worth mentioning all the things that aren't done it could be a genuine mistake

The lad did comment on the air filter being cruddy, so they at least got that far. Also said the belts were tensioned ok, and it had a new oil filter on it.

This isn't a witch hunt. I've taken my eye off the ball a bit maintenance wise since the twins arrived.

I just want the machine sorted ASAP.

Success!

Fuel system purged, new fuel filter, new air filter, new plugs and throttle adjusted to 3400rpm.

It's like a new machine again!

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed on this thread and via PM.

I'd be stuck without you fellas.

Also, big up to Mower Plant Services at Smarden, who had all the bits in stock, and were helpful enough to jump in with a rev counter for the final adjustment in their car park this morning.

I've spoken to the dealer, and we are heading towards a satisfactory outcome there as well.

Thanks Arbtalk!

Success!

Fuel system purged, new fuel filter, new air filter, new plugs and throttle adjusted to 3400rpm.

It's like a new machine again!

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed on this thread and via PM.

I'd be stuck without you fellas.

Also, big up to Mower Plant Services at Smarden, who had all the bits in stock, and were helpful enough to jump in with a rev counter for the final adjustment in their car park this morning.

I've spoken to the dealer, and we are heading towards a satisfactory outcome there as well.

Thanks Arbtalk!

Glad you got it sorted mate had the same trouble on 1 of our 125s not due to my maintinence though! it turned out to be the relays £8.68 for two new relays and its like a animal now.