defender 130 info please?

mowingjamie

can i ask what the costs of this class 7 mot would be? any more detailed than a standard one? been asking about and got diffrent answers but what is a yearly road tax on say the 2002 one on ebay? just trying to work out running costs before i spend any dosh... what about insurance? who do you find to be the cheepest? navara is £268 a year fully comp for insurance for me at 24, doubt im going to get anywhere near that again!

any thoughts of the lpg route for the van? waste of time? maintence issues? or go down the standard diesel route that anybody can fix?

cheers so far guys, look forward to any other views!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our MOT on 130 costs £45. Tax is £225. Aviva insure for -£350 but it's 07 tipper.

Fully loaded drives well apart from rolling over on bends and feeling as if it wouldn't stop if you wanted it too.

Rust! Can't believe we make things from a substance that tries to dissolve.

• 3 weeks later...

Great motors, nothing in the 3.5 ton range will work as well at what it does, off road & carrying.

On road they are fine, just ensure you fit full anti roll bars, no big deal, then it will be fine on the road with a load.

Mine worked hard for years with few issues, nothing broke and it never stranded me, just keep your oils changed regular, & be liberal with your grease gun on the props.

im just in that akward thinking mode of do i REALLY need 4wd? In the past year ive used 4wd on the navara 4 times, its very usefull when its used but could i do with out... something that could carry weight well and tow 3t at least leaves in thinking of a iveco daily dropside might do the job with some all terrain tyres on the rear? too many options not enough dosh!

im just in that akward thinking mode of do i REALLY need 4wd? In the past year ive used 4wd on the navara 4 times, its very usefull when its used but could i do with out... something that could carry weight well and tow 3t at least leaves in thinking of a iveco daily dropside might do the job with some all terrain tyres on the rear? too many options not enough dosh!

If you do go the landy route it will be a sound investment and be worth virtually what you paid for it in 5 years time.