Can't stand the heat??

skyhuck

Do you love the heat or hate it??  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you love the heat or hate it??

• Love the summer sun bring it on!!
    • Hot weather is OK no real issue.
    • Hate the heat, but it doesn't make me ill.
    • Hate the sun, it makes me ill if I'm not care full!!

Im loving the heat, Ive been working up in the lakes on a fantaststic job, Probabaly the best job ive been on for 5 years, Dont get me wrong its been incredibly hard work but with plenty of water and between 5 and 10 minutes break every couple of hours its not been too bad!!

Long may the heat continue!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

does any body know of a good sun cream that wont burn your eyes out as soon as you start sweating??

try p20 - i think it' developed for adventure racer. One application in the morning before the sun. lasts all day. smell like your rubbing vodka into your skin though.

i have used it when surfing, in/outta the sea/wet suits and towelling dry and rubbing sand. you only apply once and it lasts all day...

Theres not really a choice thats why the boss is the boss. Mine is the type that struggles/refuses to see from any point of view but his. So if its a lucrative job even if its nigh on 30 degree's he will happily kill himself working flat out all day barely stopping, and expects the same of anyone else, forgetting earning a splinter of the profit doesn't motivate that sort of work rate. In this weather you just need to slow down the rate of work a bit or people get burned out too quick, and minor irritations turn into arguments etc.

dean, the original quote implied that some people have it cushy...the point I was trying to make (badly) was to stick up for yourself. I have worked for many a tyrant, who's motives were dollars over the welfare of staff. But what I find worse is people who complain without doing anything for themselves...

No offence meant Billy. the get outta the kitchen was another way of saying to do something about it.

People do react differently to heat, I think it is down to conditioning. eventually you can get used to it. Until then take my original advise of drinking plenty of fluids, breaks and drinks little and often and pace yourself.

No but the above bit is demeaning.

Just because one persons heat tolerence is less than another, doesn't mean they should pack the job in :confused1:

You've done lots of physical training Rich and know more than anyone that some people are built better than others, some people have different strengths to others, one may be weak in one discipline but strong in another. :001_smile:

People do react differently to heat, I think it is down to conditioning. eventually you can get used to it.

One problem I find is it suddenly turns from winter to summer with no time to aclimatise and just when you start getting used to it, it's winter again.

I was brought up in the highest village in England, it used to snow in may. :001_smile:

love the heat, if it gets too much i usually get my head under a tap or get an ice lolly. i change into combats if the cutting is finished, if there is money to earn then charge on i say. but i do like to take an early finish and come home and play with my kids then if i need to go back out later to tidy any loose ends up i will when its closer. likes of tonight, i went out pricing at 7.30 and came home about 10pm. Billy i cant believe you are still on here bad mouthing your boss, i am with rich, either stand up to him or get on with it. if its so easy then go and do it yourself:001_smile: