Thanks!

nod

Good Afternoon Folks

I would like to take the opportunity to say thanks to everyone who helped make the AA event at the weekend such a good one. I feel very fortunate to still be a part of the industry, to have such good people around me who tell it to me straight, to see excited & puzzled faces looking at the swathes of choice that is currently on offer, to be able to offer direction to those who stand at the crossroads & chew the fat with those that already choose a path for themselves. All this & much more make all of the hard work worth it.

We may always go away from such events with negative aspects but hopefully if feedback is directed in the right direction change might come. I hope for the event to become worth more than a place to chat & chill but it takes input from all corners for it to happen. I got to see 2 presentations where there were about 20 in attendance; considering approximately 2000 counted through the gate & the level of experience & knowledge being offered, I think that's poor?

With the cohesive feel the show had this year I think there is a definate possibility that it could now go from strength to strength. How about a constructive discussion on what could be added/removed to help make our industry annual event better?

Many thanks

Nod

I must say I was torn between popping into the talks, and sitting chatting in the evening sun with fellow arbtalkers. The problem was that as only a couple of us had passes for the site, the rest were unable(?) to enter the talks. It was said to me that only those with passes could attend the talks. Perhaps as an improvement, the AA could be a touch more flexible in future. Mark always makes an interesting presentation, and i was really in 2 minds what to do.

Hey nod was nice to finally meet up with u and have a bit of a chat although u did seem very busy! haha. Wish i could of stayed for the presentation but was on a tight time schedule,would of been alot better if camping was allowed could of made a weekend of it then instead of a rush few hours!

Loved your stand though mate and spent a fortune haha...i love shiny things!!

I attended the rope splicing talk on the Friday which was very good but poorly attended IMO.I learnt some interesting facts about the crazy legislation regarding splice testing in Europe and also the incredible strength loss in rigging splices if set up incorrectly.

One thing that could improve these talks would be to hold them away from the general hubub of the show, I know I'm getting on but I found it difficult to hear, clearly, the presentation.

Edited by High Scale

I attended 3 talks and i would of liked to attend 2 others but sadly missed them due to either not hearing the announcements or just been too busy looking at other things.

I did like this year everything been a bit more central

I was supprised how few folk attended the talks compared to the trevolution demos so possibly some talks been a bit more hands on and outside may have drawn a bigger crowd

although i do agree with high scale there was a lot of noise from adjoining tents that made listening awkward

Bought a few bits and bobs from you Noddy, great to see such passionate sales people on your pitch, the girl on the till first thing Friday was so helpfull even braving the rain to show me a rope/friction setup. Well done mate.

Good Afternoon Folks

I got to see 2 presentations where there were about 20 in attendance; considering approximately 2000 counted through the gate & the level of experience & knowledge being offered, I think that's poor?

I was really looking forward to seeing Mark B's talk on Friday evening but just couldn't get things put away on the stand in time to get there. Perhaps we could make it a bit later next year? Last years talk was ace!