Any pool players on here??

stewie

Better off using a cue :lol: I always found pool to be 90% luck :thumbup: I used to go and watch the pool and sometimes got a game if someone didn't turn up but when it started getting serious it was like watching paint dry.

You far from burton mate?? Can come down here for a game if you want, we have a good night out lol

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Played for 20 years on and off. Played for the local pubs B team, we just saw it as a way of getting out for a skin full during the week. Always got a mini bus to away games. Seems to be not as much enthusiasm for it nowadays as teams are dropping out of the league due to not being able to get enough players every week.

Played for 20 years on and off. Played for the local pubs B team, we just saw it as a way of getting out for a skin full during the week. Always got a mini bus to away games. Seems to be not as much enthusiasm for it nowadays as teams are dropping out of the league due to not being able to get enough players every week.

Shame really. I used to play pool, darts and crib for my local pub, they haven't got a team of any sort now.:thumbdown:

I used to play in a pub team as an apprentice drinker at 17/18 ten years ago but I was either awful most of the time or quite good for one game. Didn't enjoy it as much as just playing my mates in the pub, it was all way to serious without any of the banter or laughs I go to the pub for. But you're all right a few games on the table and you get better rapidly, but then I plateau at able to pot in a straight line only.

I also used to play in the inter league pool tournaments with the Finals one weekend at the vauxhall caravan park in Great Yarmouth in the middle of winter, teams from all over the country used to play. We just saw it as a jolly boys outing. Ive spent some money in that bright pink nightclub in Yarmouth trying to have a holiday romance.

Was that Jim Davidsons club mate? On the seafront?

I filled in for my brothers team once, never again.

Waaaaay too serious.

I liked to dick about and play fast 'Color of Money' style, not dick about conferring about every shot with a group of fat, boring alcoholics.

I'm not fat.

Well, I wasn't then.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Was that Jim Davidsons club mate? On the seafront?

I filled in for my brothers team once, never again.

Waaaaay too serious.

I liked to dick about and play fast 'Color of Money' style, not dick about conferring about every shot with a group of fat, boring alcoholics.

I'm not fat.

Well, I wasn't then.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

:laugh1: :laugh1:

I agree in a way mate!! But I also think if your having a mess about with a good player it's even better!!

I used to live in sweden and in the small town of vasterhaninge there's a bar ran by the serbian mafia lol and they REALLY take their pool serious!! I once beat there top dog in a short first to three comp for 2000kr (£20) and after I won id never felt so uncomfortable in all my life.....:laugh1: i drank up and left pronto lol