Help Me Make Up My Mind!

moorhead

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some big saws being talked about here. Nice having the smallest saw you can get away with on our Devon banks. My 364XP happily runs an 18" bar if kept sharp and so light and nimble for working in awkward spots when wedged in a hedge. Not quite sure what it's replacement is but probably 550xp. I have a MS 460 but will always choose the 346xp for working on the hedge if I can get away with it.

Edited by Woodworks

Some big saws being talked about here. Nice having the smallest saw you can get away with on our Devon banks. My 364XP happily runs an 18" bar if kept sharp and so light and nimble for working in awkward spots when wedged in a hedge. Not quite sure what it's replacement is but probably 550xp. I have a MS 460 but will always choose the 346xp for working on the hedge if I can get away with it.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The old 346xp is staying - I've promised her Aspen from now on - but there's a need for some more power. One of the reasons I liked the 441 was that it handled like a much smaller saw. I can see being up on a wall with it. The 372xp less so.

All great saws they'll serve you well, just want to point out one thing the 441 has a slight weak spot and that's its front av bush if that goes you'll either have to bodge it or replace the chassis of the saw. If it was me it would be a 461 it's one the best saws I've used stihl managed to get a saw right straight out the box

Been there, done that...... Bummer!

I'm not going to be using the saw non-stop. Often, but not all the time. Is the AV bush that dodgy?

It's not the actual bush itself, it's the mount that it goes on. If that breaks then it's at least £90 for the new rear handle. And that's if you fix it yourself. I used mine for a couple of years before I fixed it, just slapped some silicone into it 😳