stump grinding general question

Paul Cleaver

:thumbup1:

some useful info

...but I think I made a mistake in logic. The CAT cannot compute depth from the timings on the different aerial levels so my guess is it uses the difference in attenuation of the signal between the two levels to estimate the depth assuming the source is a point and an inverse square law for the signal attenuation.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't use one but always thinking I should. Again maybe something our industry should insist on, although it's another thing to hit the pocket, buying the equipment and paying for training. Like everything, there will be guys who do everything by the book and their price has to reflect that and then there will be guys who don't bother/care and can charge less as they don't have so much overheads and can undercut the fella trying to do everything the right way ......

So gas or water in a plastic pipe can not be detected.

What then?!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app.

Unless trace wire or the likes as been laid with the pipe you are pretty much knackerd. There are a few things that you can look for to give you an idea where a water main is.....Look where fire hydrants or service valves are located this will give you an idea as to where the main is. It won't stop you going through the lateral in Mr Miggins back garden mind.