Log SACKS not nets???

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Binned the idea (sorry). Will stick with loose loads / tipper. Human touch in a thin p margin product - just doesn't add up; would a backwards step trying to bag em. Forwarder to log deck to processor to truck to customers driveway = :biggrin:

if you don't pre process by several months it's going to limit the quality of your product. majority of my competition are doing what you are and they put out logs 30 - 40%mc I'm doing air dried in bakers bags and getting 12% to 14% it's worth putting the price up £5 a cube and getting no bags back for that.

if you don't pre process by several months it's going to limit the quality of your product. majority of my competition are doing what you are and they put out logs 30 - 40%mc I'm doing air dried in bakers bags and getting 12% to 14% it's worth putting the price up £5 a cube and getting no bags back for that.

:thumbup:

But there's a bit of a pricing war going on in Perthshire by the looks of it. £220 for 4m3 delivered. And that's kiln dried :lol: Cant be any margin in that

We do loose & bagged option. charge a bit more if customers want it bagged, some wont pay extra for bagged.

we use a 18ft flat bed trailer with hand operated winch/crane a the back to drag & lift bags off. handy for doing more than one delivery in one trip but recently bought an old transit tipper that holds 2m3 and this suits most customers & it far less faff loading and unloading. :)

10603348_639155859515951_6993966296207430934_n.jpg.12d508853ed092c573812190210133d8.jpg

photo0041.jpg.77856134c02c8f74b7d5a8b8a0ef08b1.jpg

But there's a bit of a pricing war going on in Perthshire by the looks of it. £220 for 4m3 delivered. And that's kiln dried :lol: Cant be any margin in that

they can try and undercut everyone but like you say no margin can they last long enough to put the existing ppl out of business every time you turn round 5 more have sprouted up.