My new groundie

Stihlben

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mate, it's much appreciated to get support from fellow Arborists. I'm hoping in a few years time no one will think a woman incapable of becoming a good Arborist. Its good workers like me and your lass that really help. I think most folk on Arbtalk are pretty spot on and it's great to be part of it. I can stick up for myself but it gets a bit tiring trying to justify why I want to do a ' mans job'.

Rachel, I think you're laying the trailblazing victim thing on a bit thick, who is asking you to justify why you want a mans job?

I haven't seen one post on here that states anyone thinks a woman incapable of being a good arborist, or if there is one it has been drowned out by people arguing the reverse.

Rachel, I think you're laying the trailblazing victim thing on a bit thick, who is asking you to justify why you want a mans job?

I haven't seen one post on here that states anyone thinks a woman incapable of being a good arborist, or if there is one it has been drowned out by people arguing the reverse.

Yup, it's s more modern world than some people realise. There's plenty of female comp climbers that are simply awesome. I saw a video of Jo Hedger climbing and it was nothing short of brilliant.

There are still old fashioned views in this industry but those aren't the views of people you should want to waste your time on anyway.

We employ a lad that's grumpy 4 weeks of the month, which is 400% more than most women!

hum, the kitchen comment springs to mind among many others. I'm not saying I'm victim at all. I'm pretty lucky. If you read this thread you will see reference to women not being strong etc. I could go on but i think you may be biting me a little. I can't be bothered to argue the toss. A few sexist remarks have definitely been made in this post. I have not reported them or kicked up a fuss to Arbtalk. If you can't identify there's a problem that it's not a refection on me.

My eldest girl is adamant thats she joining the firm when she leaves school, she's 12 at the moment, she is more than welcome. Her 19 year old bother already works with me.

I have no idea how she will hack it???

I'll be honest I really don't think our industry is suited to most girls, but then its not suited to a lot of guys.