Greenmech cs100 comparison?

hiluxstihl

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought the older model Greenmech GMR 100 (secondhand) earlier this year, had new blades fitted and i'm very impressed with it so far. despite being the baby of the range as it's only 14hp it punches way above it's weight. Mine seems to leak down past the fuel pump when left (off) in the hot sun so i would advise turning the petrol cock to 'OFF' when your finished chipping and letting the enjun run down and idle ferra few mins b4 switching it off completely cos when i don't it sometimes floods the rear cylinder and it hydrolocks therefore i cannot pull start it and i need to remove the rear spark plug and pull it over to expel the fuel out of the bore. Thankfully as mine is pull start only (saving weight by not having the starter motor and battery) it didn't cause a problem or any damage....but it could have been a different story if it had electric start as it could have smashed the starter sprag/spur gear or bent a con rod ! I did a large multi stem (35 approx) conifer on saturday, me in the tree, 2 groundies dragging and another feeding the chipper all day long, filled an agri grain trailer with me 'ickle chipper....nuff said.

I bought one early this year from orange, I wasn't to sure what to get and as I am new to the game I didn't know how much I would use it. Well it's the dogs, I use it so much it will chip up to 4" or will chipp hedge cuttings, it also fits in the back of my van and I chipp into my trailer, I am so pleased I went for it, it really is worth every penny and saved my hours of extra work,

Go for it you won't regret it, I haven't

These reviews are great! I'm on the verge of buying one so very interested in this thread. From what I've watched on youtube I reckon this is the best machine of its class.

Don't forget to register those cs100's fellas.

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/news/78462-brand-new-security-website-win-500-worth-stihl-products.html

These reviews are great! I'm on the verge of buying one so very interested in this thread. From what I've watched on youtube I reckon this is the best machine of its class.

Don't forget to register those cs100's fellas.

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/news/78462-brand-new-security-website-win-500-worth-stihl-products.html

Its a caseof everyone singing its praises really, Ive time to decide on it and like everyones input, thanks gents

We ended up with the jo beau 300 as a little back up chipper to our other small chipper the TW 125 . The jo beau was out on a willow take down a week or so ago and did brilliant all chip was left on site . To be fair the willow needed less snedding for the jo beau than the Tw would of needed . Top machines the jo beau and the cs100 although the jo beau I believe is a tad lighter .

Edited by White Noise