Lowering Device Project

RC0

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do reg just wondering what weight the twiin tubbed one is?

Its heavy enough, although I dont have the exact weight to hand.

can it be situed with one guy?

I was begining to give up on that idea, until a much smarter guy than myself suggested on another forum that I should simply hang it on a nail first.:thumbup1:

Its heavy enough, although I dont have the exact weight to hand.

I was begining to give up on that idea, until a much smarter guy than myself suggested on another forum that I should simply hang it on a nail first.:thumbup1:

Ha ha ha, simple things !! :001_tongue:

My motto in life is there's always an easy way Reg, most of the time we simply dont see it.

Just got back from the AA show. Saw the RC Lowering Device on the Fletcher Stewart stand. It looked absolutley wicked!! Cheers for taking the time to explain it. The sales pitch should be " Made in Manchester by real men" That cracked me up mate!!

Well done Reg.:001_cool:

that was your best video yet, really getting the knack of the editing fitting with the music. as i haven't got one these bits of kit and don't see myself buying one after just buying a GRCS. in the double roping part of the vid, could you essentially just attach a porta wrap adjacent to the grcs to get the same desired effect.

Really good to see the ideas in the flesh.

I was not dissapointed.

Great range Reg.

What's next................gonna have a crack at time travel ?

Seriously Reg, inspiring and proud to see, such well thought out and manufactured equipment, can still be produced here in post industrialy depressed Britain.

DSC02913.JPG.f6f42b34ef908d933b652904c55395d7.JPG

DSC02912.JPG.601c2b6c76d520d4be931c0077367589.JPG

Edited by Monkey-D

Thanks Dave, Carl and everyone else who came over to say hello....it was a pleasure to meet you all and I just hope next time I can do it in a more relaxed state on mind....preferably with no LDs involved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that was your best video yet, really getting the knack of the editing fitting with the music. as i haven't got one these bits of kit and don't see myself buying one after just buying a GRCS. in the double roping part of the vid, could you essentially just attach a porta wrap adjacent to the grcs to get the same desired effect.

Absolutely....we had done it many times in the past but the set-up time is slow and sloppy where the portowrap is the second device involved....at least for one groundsperson managing both lines.

You made a great choice with the GRCS though, I hope it serves you well for many years to come.

Re: the subject of this thread - if its ok I'd take a rest from it for a while as for 3 days Ive spoke of nothing else. Thanks. Reg