The future!!

skyhuck

if you want it badly you will find it, i have been out of my parents house since i was 19, i didnt have an option of not paying bills or wanting big wages, just loads of hrs doing crappy jobs in the hope that one day i would get the chance to do this job, it took me 3 years of shovelling coal, digging gardens, peeling tatties in a chip shop to save up enough money to buy a harness and ropes, then another year to buy a saw. once you have been in the crap you dont want to go back in it, i put myself in it so i had to get myself out of it. too much negativty and focus on doom and gloom. i could be out working today rather than sitting infront of the laptop, but i am not, its my choice but i didnt have a day off for 10 years unless it was for a weeks holiday in summer . good luck doesnt fall on your lap, you make it, it takes focus and determination. unfortunately some people do get dealt a right crap set of cards in this life, and i cant do anything about that. but if you are fit and healthy then there is no reason anyone should be out of work, it just depends on what you want to do and for how much for:001_smile:

EXACTLY. HERE HERE.

Just because local tree workers to you dont have much work on, doesnt mean theres no work out there. Theres is alwyas something needing doing.

Plus, immediatley seeking jobseekers is the laziest thing ever.

Jobseekers allowance is around £90 a fortnight yeah, (so i understand).

Id rather work 7 days a week for pittence than sit on my bum claiming theres no work for me.

If your straight outta college, desperate to carry on doing tree work, then why not start at the very bottom, offer your services for as many hours per day as they want you, for £20 day rate. You may soon find your learning and earning as you go. You may also find small amounts tot up to big amounts, £20 a day may seem such a measly amount to a company that they may offer you 7 days a week (weekends in yard, splitting logs etc).14 days on the trot is £240. Give your folks their £40 board and you have £100 a week. Double Jobseekers and you are carrying on learning all the time and staying on the job you love.

You may also find a top job waiting for you down the line.

Please note this is the ramblings of a very stressed out Frank, as my wifes waters have broke and baby has shown no signs of wanting to be evicted from her belly. We are just in limbo, waiting.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want it badly you will find it, i have been out of my parents house since i was 19, i didnt have an option of not paying bills or wanting big wages, just loads of hrs doing crappy jobs in the hope that one day i would get the chance to do this job, it took me 3 years of shovelling coal, digging gardens, peeling tatties in a chip shop to save up enough money to buy a harness and ropes, then another year to buy a saw. once you have been in the crap you dont want to go back in it, i put myself in it so i had to get myself out of it. too much negativty and focus on doom and gloom. i could be out working today rather than sitting infront of the laptop, but i am not, its my choice but i didnt have a day off for 10 years unless it was for a weeks holiday in summer . good luck doesnt fall on your lap, you make it, it takes focus and determination. unfortunately some people do get dealt a right crap set of cards in this life, and i cant do anything about that. but if you are fit and healthy then there is no reason anyone should be out of work, it just depends on what you want to do and for how much for:001_smile:

very wise words, and i agree. I haven't given up yet, and im currently working in a gym to get my nptc's paid for, which will hopefully make me more appealing to employers. the harder the struggle, the greater the rewards.

I think the number of Tree Services will shrink with the market,it already has done.Generally there will still be more Tree Services than the last recession as I beleive the industry as a whole is more recognised.

Tighter times may mean that young people are more inclined to learn the job from being an assistant to a experianced person,rather than go to colledge to "learn" the Trade.If this is the case,then I feel the industry will be in a better position in five years time.

in response to frank, i was actually joking about job seekers allowance. But even so you are right, hell i'd work for free, hard work and grafting is my idea of fun. i only need money for beer at the moment, well, nptc's and driving lessons to, but im getting by, and dont think of me as a whiner, i do not expect people to give me work, i just have to keep on trying. Plus i do get the odd bit of tree work with a guy i met here on arb talk, and im very greatful, and im sure if i wasnt worth my salt i would definately have no work and be on benefits.

in response to Lumberjack2 :

My comments may have appeared specific to you, but they werent aimed as such. More at the generic society as a whole. I thought you may have posted tongue in cheek by the way you said claiming off the government. haha

Attitude is a major contributor to progression in life and career, and you seem to have a really good one. Keep it.

I always say, I'd wash cars for a fiver before I went on the dole.

i signed on once when i was 19, i turned up clean shaven smartly dressed, most of the other lads werent wearing tops as it was summer, they just grunted, signed there name and left. i got interugated because i was pleasant.

q1-what can you do?

a-anything

reply- you must be more specific.we will put labouring

q2-how much will you work for?

a-anything

reply-you cant put that, it must be at least 4 pounds per hr.

q3-where will you work?

a-anywhere

reply- you cant put that, we will say local.

q4-how many hrs will you work?

a-as many as i can get

reply-you can only put 40

so i summerised, i am looking for a job locally, i want 160 quid a week, i will only work monday to friday, no later than 4 pm. and i can only labour. now this was 14 years ago. guess what, no employer looked at my card from the job shop as i looked like a lazy, greedy useless sod. when i went into sign off a few weeks later because i couldnt be arsed with the hassle they asked me to fill in the form to say if i would say what i thought of the service, i cant repeat on here what i wrote and it probably never reached higher authority.

My comments may have appeared specific to you, but they werent aimed as such. More at the generic society as a whole. I thought you may have posted tongue in cheek by the way you said claiming off the government. haha

Attitude is a major contributor to progression in life and career, and you seem to have a really good one. Keep it.

I always say, I'd wash cars for a fiver before I went on the dole.[/quote

to return your response to my response to frank:

are you trying to seduce me!? :001_tt1:

i must admit i was under the impression your post was aimed at me, due to my post before hand, but dont worry i didnt cry that much.

I always say, I'd wash cars for a fiver before I went on the dole.[/quote

to return your response to my response to frank:

are you trying to seduce me!? :001_tt1:

i must admit i was under the impression your post was aimed at me, due to my post before hand, but dont worry i didnt cry that much.

The fact you cried at all has ruined your chances of ever finding work. Give up. I'll ring job centre for you now. But be aware there may be a que.:001_tongue:

i signed on once when i was 19, i turned up clean shaven smartly dressed, most of the other lads werent wearing tops as it was summer, they just grunted, signed there name and left. i got interugated because i was pleasant.

q1-what can you do?

a-anything

reply- you must be more specific.we will put labouring

q2-how much will you work for?

a-anything

reply-you cant put that, it must be at least 4 pounds per hr.

q3-where will you work?

a-anywhere

reply- you cant put that, we will say local.

q4-how many hrs will you work?

a-as many as i can get

reply-you can only put 40

so i summerised, i am looking for a job locally, i want 160 quid a week, i will only work monday to friday, no later than 4 pm. and i can only labour. now this was 14 years ago. guess what, no employer looked at my card from the job shop as i looked like a lazy, greedy useless sod. when i went into sign off a few weeks later because i couldnt be arsed with the hassle they asked me to fill in the form to say if i would say what i thought of the service, i cant repeat on here what i wrote and it probably never reached higher authority.

That is the single best post you have ever posted mate. A real eye opener. Makes you think about the fact that If everyone got a job, then it would be the job centre staff looking for work. Do they deliberatly not do their job very well. hahaha