The future!!

skyhuck

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thread this, IMO you cant blame folk for having a go themselves if they've been made redundant, even if the effects on the overall industry could be bad. I'm not sure about all these colledge leavers starting up streight away, could end up giving the whole industry a bad rep.

One thing I don't understand is how if you sign on you can't work at all. If a lad gets £300 housing benefit and £200 dole a month, why can't he work 5 days for me for £300 and still get £200 from the government? The present system means that he either does no work costing the taxpayer more or he works on the side and defrauds the taxpayer and undercuts ther rest of us.???:mad1:

On the plus side I'm busy again and now have at least £16k worth of work ahead of me, so there is work out there.:001_smile:

Doing a degree is more about showing you ability to study and collate information, than the actual subject studied.

For many job you need to be a graduate, but not in a specific subject.

Couldn't agree more. I went and got a BSc, Pg Dip etc etc but didn't get a job any easier because of it. All the jobs I wanted needed 5 years experience. I resented it at the time of course but I look back now and think, frankly qualifications count for very little, expericence is everything. I wouldn't employ a graduate!

not even if they offered to work for free!? how do you expect them to become experienced, if your so dismissal towards them!?

(not having a go, but want to know yours views in more detail)

if you had stuck one of these:confused1:after your question then one of these:001_smile:at the end, it would come across much nicer.

not having a go:001_tongue:see what i mean:001_cool:

if you had stuck one of these:confused1:after your question then one of these:001_smile:at the end, it would come across much nicer.

not having a go:001_tongue:see what i mean:001_cool:

well im sorry for my lack on smiley knowledge

(not having a go)