• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, its definitely a Jag lump, I love mine :001_smile:

"The engines used in the Discovery 3 were all taken from Land Rover's sister company at the time, Jaguar."

Taken from here;-

Land Rover Discovery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I not actually had problems with engine apart from turbo actuator and ticking hyd valve.

I like the idea of 4 cyl twin turbo engine producing 248 hp easier access for repair, lighter, cheaper to replace if it lets go. Hopefully upward of 35 mpg.

The sdv6 engine is £8000.00 + vat plus fitting at the moment. The oil used in the sdv6 is very clean burning for the dpfs but because of this it has very little in the way of protective additives for the valve train.

I not actually had problems with engine apart from turbo actuator and ticking hyd valve.

I like the idea of 4 cyl twin turbo engine producing 248 hp easier access for repair, lighter, cheaper to replace if it lets go. Hopefully upward of 35 mpg.

The sdv6 engine is £8000.00 + vat plus fitting at the moment. The oil used in the sdv6 is very clean burning for the dpfs but because of this it has very little in the way of protective additives for the valve train.

The new Unimogs have smaller engines with higher HP, it seem to be the future.

New Defender will be a chelsea tractor i reckon...LR have lost their way with utility vehicles..

I think they worked out hand building 20k trucks for farmers that break them and repair them under warranty was a bad idea. Better to sell 80k trucks to wags that will do 20k miles in the first 3 years. Rich people change their vehicles every 3 years so you dont upset the buying customer. Build in a tonne of flaws that show up in 3-5 years and charge £170 an hour to put right.

I am jealous, need to build this into my generators :biggrin:

I think they worked out hand building 20k trucks for farmers that break them and repair them under warranty was a bad idea. Better to sell 80k trucks to wags that will do 20k miles in the first 3 years. Rich people change their vehicles every 3 years so you dont upset the buying customer. Build in a tonne of flaws that show up in 3-5 years and charge £170 an hour to put right.

I am jealous, need to build this into my generators :biggrin:

HI STEVE your right there mate just go over to toyota:thumbup1: mate thanks jon

I thought it was a Jag engine.

Plenty of none millionaire enjoying their Disco 3/4's round here :biggrin:

I'm a non millionaire enjoying mine.hse lux 6 months and faultless,long warranty so little worry,worked hard all my life,no help from my friends,so lord won't you buy me a................land rover :thumbup: