Landy vs truck.

Jmill

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I get about 30mpg out of my td5 130 (it's been tweeted by JE Engineering and has bags more torque than a std defender - even a new Puma!)

It does what it does - day in, day out regardless of the weather. Yes, it's a tight cab and can have a harsh ride on the road - but it's how you drive it.

I've got air springs on the rear, so can soften the ride when the tipper is empty, yet pump them up when carrying a full load or towing the trailer.

Service costs vary - depends how hard it's used, just had an annual service at Foley Land Rovers and it cost £744 inc VAT.

Just took our 130 single cab tipper (picture of it on the Land Rover appreciation thread) for its first mission carrying chip and logs. Managed to get the brash off a 10m fir and a 10m lime into the back and it carried the chip fine. Squeezed most of the lime logs into the back and it was less happy suspension-wise. Power-wise, fine.

We work in a rural area and much of our work is off-road so it makes lots of sense for us. I may think twice if I lived in a big city.

You can't argue that they're just cooler and more fun than your average Transit. Depends how much you're willing to pay for coolness if you don't need 4x4.

I know its not the same, but got a hilux tipper.

wouldn't be without one now, 4x4, for me, is a god send. tip chip anywhere, over lawns to bottom of tree etc.

as far as kit goes, just got 09 extra cab and the bed is only 1ft shorter than 97 single cab. all kit inside now.

would love a landy, but pick up is easier to drive, the heater works, don't have to put something on peoples driveway to catch oil :001_tt2: etc.

off road they cant be beaten though, and they do look good.

get a 3.5t one though. :thumbup: