Bam! And then you realise how old you are

wisecobandit

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cycling to my Aunt's, my Gran's and home on a Sunday and having a Sunday roast at each.

My Gran's Yorkshire puds, served before the main meal, were awesome.

Walking around the local area with my brother and taking it in turns with an air pistol to shoot at stuff.

My granddad used to get all the waste from a local bakery to feed to the pigs. Me and my brother used to blag the best bits and sit in the pig shelters out in the field and scoff them. One day we put a big cottage loaf in the trough of the boar. The trough was full of water and a family of mice exited the loaf and began to swim for the side. The boar watched them for a short while then sucked them up one by one. I'm sure I remember him smacking his chops between mice.

My Granddad used to use old London taxis as he could get everyone in for a day out and get some livestock in the back when needed taking them to the abattoir.

What was that sports progam on a Sunday morning on Ch4 that used to show loads of different sports from around the world.

Think last time I went in a pub in Devon they had them, can't you get them anymore? :(

Down ere in Devon its prob the same peanut card that was behind the bar 20 years ago if it was a village pub :lol:

Back when you could choose from about 6-8 different boxes of walkers crisp they had behind the bar. Salt and vinegar where always in blue and cheese and onion green so why the hell did they change it :confused1::confused1:

Salt and shake crisp with the blue satchet of salt inside.

Them fish and chip flavered jobs

And lets not forget the glass CORONA bottles you used to take back and get a deposit back on. Started off as 2p then 4p then the grand sum of 10p!! Some of you guys must remember them?

R Whites lemonade and coca cola out of glass bottles kept behind the bar - because draught soft drinks never existed back then :thumbup:

Wrestling on ITV on wet winter Saturday afternoons

]Ice on inside of windows[/b]

Heat only in one room

rover P6's' date=' simca cars,[/b']

plugs and points to cars

They were very good times to be a child imo

:thumbup1:

Making arrow heads and axes out of flint

Weather

Proper winters (1963)

All the summers were hot

School

If you failed a test you were told so - no such thing as 'not yet achieved'

11 plus

Political correctness

Not yet arrived, it was preceeded by honesty.

Moors murderers, Aberfan

Work/play

Parents all had jobs. We could go in the park and play all day without adult supervision

Wresting with Big daddy,Giant haystacks, Mick McManus and British bulldog...

Ski sunday?

The muppets on a sunday teatime

the likes of JPS lotus and embassy spring to mind. Back when racing was real racing....

Darts on Tv with players drinking pints and having a fag in there hand as they are throwing

Tommy Cooper ! :lol::biggrin::lol::biggrin::lol::biggrin::lol::lol::biggrin::lol:

You lads will remember Big D peanuts behind the bar, the lass in the denim bikini revealing more the more bags you bought.

And lets not forget the glass CORONA bottles you used to take back and get a deposit back on. Started off as 2p then 4p then the grand sum of 10p!! Some of you guys must remember them?

R Whites lemonade and coca cola out of glass bottles kept behind the bar - because draught soft drinks never existed back then :thumbup:

"every bubble's passed its fizzical"

CarFinder, Exchange & Mart; Steam Trains, Audi Quattro, Floella Benjamin, Ford Anglia, Morris Marina, everyone had mostly British cars, Top Trumps cards, Milkman in the early hours, Rover SD1 V8, Marathon Bar, Dripping and Lardy Cake, steel frame bikes with sturmey archer gears, bicycle clips, brylcream, cork floor tiles, linoleum, emptying the Parkray ash tray in the morning before stoking, no such thing as UPVC windows and doors, McCulloch chainsaws, velcro, triang train set, airfix, rubber powered aeroplanes, flying a kite, watching a JCB dig up the road for hours, sledging home from school, the dog warden (to be feared), bmx bikes, raleigh chopper, grifter etc, diesel being way cheaper than petrol, esso tokens, dutch elm disease......... even Sunday School. Sure if I sat here long enough a veritable book would ensue. Oh and another thing - you never heard the F word.

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor