Husqvarna 576 vs 390

Husqvarna

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

390xp tried and true, I love mine, and once the warranty has run out, I will have spud run his hands all over it and make it magic like stubby's!

Yes, a ported 385/390 is the sh!t!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I used a 365, a 576 and a 390 on a job last December. 365 was mine the other two belonged to other cutters on the job, but were to hand on a busy day, but only used them briefly. The 365 and 576 were both on 24" bars, the 395 on a 28". The 576 was better than the 365 on a 24", but if you're doing bigger stuff the 390 was the best of the three, got the revs for snedding too where a 395 struggles slightly.

I run my 576 on a 24" bar, flies through, I do moan about the weight of it after dismantling using a 201 then maybe the 550 then the 576 to finish off on 18 and then a 24 bar for the stump. I used to have a 25" bar and chain but you had to be careful that the saw didn't bog when cutting through wet sappy bigger dimension woods. When I chipped a tooth off that on a piece of metal that had been absorbed I wondered if I could speed up the chain a little but still be able to deal with the stick stump, so I tried the 24 and it made the saw 10-15% better, less boggy and more feel, quicker cutting. Just the inch made all the difference, said the actress to the.... Anyway I don't think based on this that the 576 on a 28" would be great. Go for the 390 if your wanting big bar work and then buy smaller bars for it and use it for more than just the "biggest" work, watch it rip

Good luck

I run my 576 on a 24" bar, flies through, I do moan about the weight of it after dismantling using a 201 then maybe the 550 then the 576 to finish off on 18 and then a 24 bar for the stump. I used to have a 25" bar and chain but you had to be careful that the saw didn't bog when cutting through wet sappy bigger dimension woods. When I chipped a tooth off that on a piece of metal that had been absorbed I wondered if I could speed up the chain a little but still be able to deal with the stick stump, so I tried the 24 and it made the saw 10-15% better, less boggy and more feel, quicker cutting. Just the inch made all the difference, said the actress to the.... Anyway I don't think based on this that the 576 on a 28" would be great. Go for the 390 if your wanting big bar work and then buy smaller bars for it and use it for more than just the "biggest" work, watch it rip

Good luck

Ran my 576 for last 2 years on an 18 and 26" bar and always felt it could pull more. Couple of months ago I did some elm felling for Big J and strapped a 28" bar on it. With a sharp chain it went through the elm full bar length quite happily.

As GTS above, I went from top handle to 346 to 576 on 18 then the 26 for the stump.

To avoid the weight issue early on, I've put an 18" bar on my 550/346 when dismantling, and swap to that combo from the 540's 14" bar. It keeps a lighter saw in the hand for longer and works well. Then to the 576 for the extra grunt at the bottom.

Just got an 880, but it's still the 576 that comes out first for anything up to 3ft or so.

Could always put a 372xp top end on your 365. Couple of hundred quid for a meteor kit... you'd probably lose more than that selling the 3120. Cheapest option anyways...

If the 365 is an Xtorqe then all you need do is grind the fins of the inside of the transfer covers and it becomes a 372 ...:001_smile: