Forst ST6

Buffy

im looking @ the tracked version,but they will need to design a low ride trailer ,for it simlar to what tw made for the 150,so it can be used as mobile chipper :001_smile:

Yes yes! I also mentioned this after I saw a photo of the trailer Greenmech made for their tracked machine.

That would make a tracked machine the perfect combo for a domestic Arb firm, IMO.

Having now used ours in anger we are overall impressed. Although a bit disappointed in the changes made from the demo model.

It appears the Forst grip has been removed as it no longer grabs eagerly with minimal kick up, so a little concerned that the small diameter feed rollers will in time lose their grab as they wear.

It also chokes on stems, which means we have to back the pieces out with the touch buttons this means it fully let's go of the piece which will the. Have to be presented again to the feed rollers, some sticks would choke the machine 2 or 3 times before they would chip. Again maybe this is down to the re design of the feed rollers?

It's grabbing ability is what impressed me most with the demo model, ours is different, if the change means an overall reliability improvement then I guess we will just have to live with it.

Overall it is an impressive machine that is well built and handled brash with ease with good support as shown here by Forst. It'll be a bit heavy behind your Mitsi though Mark ;)

One thing to consider is the new Timberwolfs coming out as you have good support for parts where you are, and the Greenmech 150 I hear is also a good machine though not familiar with it myself.

Marc

We'll be in touch. If the performance isn't as you hoped, we'll make sure it is! The design changes to the top roller don't hinder performance - they improve it.. we'll make sure you are contacted today.

Thanks

Had a demo

Very impressive bit of kit,

Need to work out the figures to try and justify the £££

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Justify? I have one and what you get for your money is unreal.

Even if it was an extra 2k it would be cheap.

3 years warranty. As good as a schite-slinger or Jenson, but a lot less money.

Redwood are a great company to deal with.

I love mine and would recommend it to anyone. Other than my competition!!!lol

Justify? I have one and what you get for your money is unreal.

Even if it was an extra 2k it would be cheap.

3 years warranty. As good as a schite-slinger or Jenson, but a lot less money.

Redwood are a great company to deal with.

I love mine and would recommend it to anyone. Other than my competition!!!lol

I agree.

• 2 months later...

We have two of the st6's. Had a demo when they first come out and was so impressed we ordered one there and then. Have had a few issues with the machines, first was the starter motor which redwood came out and did a software upgrade. The other was paint flaking/cracking off and again they picked the machine up, dropped off a hire machine, fixed it and brought it back. Overall very good chipper, good value for money and very good after sales