Which saws do you prefer in the woods??

jnoon

Hi EDDY SO WHAT will saw thanks are you going to Longleat show thanks Jon

You know Jon, even after 3 years, I still take 10 minutes to decipher you're posts. A muffler mod will cool the saw sufficiently. I don't know if I'm going yet, it's a long distance to travel.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is bang on the money! The 560 gets especially hot, to the point that I've burned myself on the crankcase, near the rear AV mount. This also caused 3 oil gallery replacements under warranty where it had warped and split. My advice is to get a muffler mod to aid cooling, and use a better rated two stroke oil, if not aspen (as it burns cooler).

The ever-constricting emissions regs means the outlet gets smaller on mufflers, leading to increased temperatures on the saw, coupled with higher temperatures from the combustion of ethanol is a recipe for disaster.

Hence my 2011 560 with the MM ( done by petmate ) and running on Aspen 4 mixed with Redline at 50 : 1 is still going strong . MM was done from new just about .

Well this is testament Stubby the best 2-stroke oil and a quality petrol gives lubrication security and an even burn tempature

Jo public will carry on buying Ching chong equipment because they won't know a dicky bird about this sort of thing and will buy and discard every time and you dont get any hassle if they blow up most of the suppliers chuck you a new saw

So if you buy Proffesional tools buy the best 2-stroke oil and top quality supreme fuel or Aspen and safeguard your investment

Well this is testament Stubby the best 2-stroke oil and a quality petrol gives lubrication security and an even burn tempature

Jo public will carry on buying Ching chong equipment because they won't know a dicky bird about this sort of thing and will buy and discard every time and you dont get any hassle if they blow up most of the suppliers chuck you a new saw

So if you buy Proffesional tools buy the best 2-stroke oil and top quality supreme fuel or Aspen and safeguard your investment

:thumbup1: