cost of machines in uk

hedgesparrow

was reading a article in which re prices in uk compared to the usa. lap tops £400 cheaper than in uk. so i though do a comparison check so picked the toro z5000 £3599 in uk $3000 in us thats aprox £1600 half price. how can they justifie charging double for the same machine yes import duties vat but not going to get no were near the same price and reading posts must be the same for chainsaws. but then how do you get on if you need it fixing under warrenty. do you take the hit as its a grey import.

thinking hard if i buy a new machine getting one imported from the states.

i know the dealers need to make a living and not there doing but can or should i justifies paying for something which is so much cheaper in the states.

was reading a article in which re prices in uk compared to the usa. lap tops £400 cheaper than in uk. so i though do a comparison check so picked the toro z5000 £3599 in uk $3000 in us thats aprox £1600 half price. how can they justifie charging double for the same machine yes import duties vat but not going to get no were near the same price and reading posts must be the same for chainsaws. but then how do you get on if you need it fixing under warrenty. do you take the hit as its a grey import.

thinking hard if i buy a new machine getting one imported from the states.

i know the dealers need to make a living and not there doing but can or should i justifies paying for something which is so much cheaper in the states.

i was looking at the same thing on friday it was a logosol m8 portable sawmill

in the us before taxes $1999 here it is £2260 before vat

And then if it goes wrong no British dealer will touch it and you will have to go back to source.

Hodge

thats the problem that its a grey import so not covered under uk warrenty. but even if you add tax,s in the states. the price is still much cheaper.

and if the savings are a lot not just a small amount its got to be worth it.

just have to hope it does not go wrong in the first 2 or 3 years. majority of kit is very good and do not see much breaking down in first year.

Range rovers $35,000 or £40,000+

Remember USA geared up for mail order ( they have to be cos its a big country ) so generally no problem getting parts shipped

My mate worked in calfornia for ten years and brought loads of stuff back, when his washibg achine broke he got parts shipped in three days

Range rovers $35,000 or £40,000+

Remember USA geared up for mail order ( they have to be cos its a big country ) so generally no problem getting parts shipped

My mate worked in calfornia for ten years and brought loads of stuff back, when his washibg achine broke he got parts shipped in three days

How did he get around the voltage issue? USA is 110volt

I brought a TV back from Germany and found it wouldn't work in the UK

Dont be put off by the spares with yank stuff. If you phone through and pay for parts 3pm our time which is about 9am there they will be on your doorstep 8am the next morning. Thats using UPS, as said they are big into freight services and very good at it, it takes some beating. Also reckon on a £ to the $ by the time it gets here because its racks up with import,vat, freight and handling charges. The UK vat is charged on all of these but you wont incur the mainland yank taxes because its for export.

Bob