roping onto next tree

minty

I'd say just use a grapple, if you cant get on with the grapple then just get your groundy to install the throwline in the next tree, come down and climb the next and not bother faffing about :001_smile:.

I did 20 trees in a day last month doing exactly that and I slept well that night

I was going to going to suggest a ladder , but where’s the fun in that:001_tongue:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you're all over complicating things. hank up the tail of your line and sling it as far as you can over a fork in the next tree making sure theres enough rope to reach the ground. then your groundie can just pull you on over into the next tree

You could always tie a 56lb weight to the end before you throw it to make sure it got down to the ground without getting hung up :001_smile:

Would also keep your groundy on his toes

i think you're all over complicating things. hank up the tail of your line and sling it as far as you can over a fork in the next tree making sure theres enough rope to reach the ground. then your groundie can just pull you on over into the next tree

that’s exactly what I men’t Steve , but once , when I asked for bit off slack to land on a branch groundy go of the rope, and couldn’t grab it again .:scared1:weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that’s’ why I added he bit of fiction to the equation

• 4 weeks later...

my way is probably not best practice again! if going from tree to tree it's normally dead wooding and i normally have my poles. i just put them on full extension, swing across then try and lodge the poles in a fork or on a branch then drag myself over. always found it the simplest rather than shouting for groundies all the time.

my way is probably not best practice again! if going from tree to tree it's normally dead wooding and i normally have my poles. i just put them on full extension, swing across then try and lodge the poles in a fork or on a branch then drag myself over. always found it the simplest rather than shouting for groundies all the time.

Or hoo a krab and rope over the hook on the pole and pass it across!:thumbup1:

I just go fro the swing and grab option. Big swing out, grab any part of the tree you can, then a combination of pull urself in while slackening of the art positioner!

A very enjoying and satisfying way to climb!

If thats not possible i climb down and then climb up again. Not quite as much fun though!!