How are people finding their new Isuzu D-Max?

Andrew Barrett

I spoke to the dealer about 3 months ago and he assured me that unless you leave it ticking over lots or plodding round feeding pheasants etc the problems are gone.A good run on a roads 20 minute per day will prevent the problem.

Well he lied

I do short runs but it's usually loaded up hills so gets warm. Never had the DPF light come on so it must be managing its cycle. Not bothering fighting with main dealer just paying the local garage to fit Isuzu filter and oil. Turns out he has a Dmax as well and guess what he has the same problem. Suppose it's not a biggy in the grand scheme of things changing the oil more often but still a poor design flaw.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I been looking at the rodeo how do you rate them

I have an 06 3l rodeo and highly rate it, it's not a fast truck by any means but put a load behind it and listen to it snort as you hit a hill and it barely slows down. Got 36mpg going from Lincolnshire to the arbshow this year so can't complain about fuel consumption either.

Well he lied

I do short runs but it's usually loaded up hills so gets warm. Never had the DPF light come on so it must be managing its cycle. Not bothering fighting with main dealer just paying the local garage to fit Isuzu filter and oil. Turns out he has a Dmax as well and guess what he has the same problem. Suppose it's not a biggy in the grand scheme of things changing the oil more often but still a poor design flaw.

Appears so. I would be thinking about the long term damage. Diesel is not a good lubricant for your engine especially the valve train

Appears so. I would be thinking about the long term damage. Diesel is not a good lubricant for your engine especially the valve train

Hence me changing the oil more often than spec'd.

Main dealer went through some of the improvements they have made. Best one was new dipstick :lol: You couldn't make it up