Driver CPC

Alycidon

I wouldn't say a farmer drove for a living yet example from the website says.........

Driver E is a farmer. On an average of once a month, they transport some of their livestock to a local cattle market for auction. They need to have Driver*CPC*when doing this, as they’re not carrying materials or equipment for their use in the course of their work –they’re carrying cattle intended for sale.'

Confusing huh?

Dave

Not really, a farmer farms for a living, a driver drives for a living.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It contradicts your statement that if you don't drive for a living you don't need cpc.

Too confusing for you?

In that example, the farmer farms for a living.

Taking his produce to market however is not farming, it's transport.

Taking the same animals to graze the field beside the same market in the same lorry, he'd not need a CPC...

from what ive just learnt , its the gross train weight that needs to be 3500kg and below , so you can pull a small chipper on a transit and carry some tools . but that would be it , if your removing chip/timber from site and pushing the vehicle to its weight limit it would then become more than 3500kg in train weight needing cpc

It contradicts your statement that if you don't drive for a living you don't need cpc.

Too confusing for you?

It's not at all confusing.

Don't forget that most of the tree surgery world runs under 3500kg so doesn't need a CPC.

The rest depends on activity, if I am a tree surgeon I don't need it, if tomorrow I become a log deliverer I do need it because I am not a tree surgeon and am driving for a living. ( vehicles over 3500kg)

from what ive just learnt , its the gross train weight that needs to be 3500kg and below , so you can pull a small chipper on a transit and carry some tools . but that would be it , if your removing chip/timber from site and pushing the vehicle to its weight limit it would then become more than 3500kg in train weight needing cpc

Then whoever told you this is wrong:001_smile:

If the vehicle you are driving is sub 3500kgs you do not need driver CPC regardless of what is or isn't being towed by that vehicle.

Crystal clear on: https://www.gov.uk/driver-cpc-exemptions-examples

That sounds like the rule for tacho not cpc. If your gross kerb weight is under 3500kg you dont need a cpc. Your gross train weight can be over 3500kg and you still may not need cpc.