Heat wave affecting work

mitchel

Well I'm currently running a 4x4 fourtrak with two big magnetic door signs is it better to have it sign written then?.

I'll get some flyers made up seems to be a good idea then get dropping them when I'm not busy next week.

In my opinion magnetic can look a bit iffy, now that's purely my opinion, I'm sure there a number of guys'n'girls on here who use them and get on wonderfully with them, so my preference would be sign writing; all of my trucks are sign written, even my wife's car has a business logo and company name of the spare wheel housing.

Another option we've used, but tended to fall by the way side is to get some 'We're working close by and would like to apologise for any noise and inconvenience' cards made up and drop them into the neighbours of where you're working; looks kind and conscientious.

We've also used signs placed outside of where we're working with a similar theme apologising for the noise blah, blah, blah.

Another option, and this depends on how much cash you've got knocking about, is to have some pens or such like made up with your company name on them, pop them in with the quote or invoice, again its getting your name out there; you need to make yourself a better option than your rivals.

I've also been accused of having too much sign written, T shirts, sweat shirts, base ball caps, fleeces; you name, it if I could put my company name on it I did.

I could go on for ages and I would like to apologise for any of you who dozed off during this reply............... :biggrin:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion magnetic can look a bit iffy, now that's purely my opinion, I'm sure there a number of guys'n'girls on here who use them and get on wonderfully with them, so my preference would be sign writing; all of my trucks are sign written, even my wife's car has a business logo and company name of the spare wheel housing.

Another option we've used, but tended to fall by the way side is to get some 'We're working close by and would like to apologise for any noise and inconvenience' cards made up and drop them into the neighbours of where you're working; looks kind and conscientious.

We've also used signs placed outside of where we're working with a similar theme apologising for the noise blah, blah, blah.

Another option, and this depends on how much cash you've got knocking about, is to have some pens or such like made up with your company name on them, pop them in with the quote or invoice, again its getting your name out there; you need to make yourself a better option than your rivals.

I've also been accused of having too much sign written, T shirts, sweat shirts, base ball caps, fleeces; you name, it if I could put my company name on it I did.

I could go on for ages and I would like to apologise for any of you who dozed off during this reply............... :biggrin:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :biggrin:

Looks like I'm having the truck sign written then luckly my mum has 47 inch vinyl cutter I already run with printed polos as my mum has her own company doing them so there free to me also have sweat shirts.

I'll get an a board made up tonight then

I like the pens but to much expensive I might try cards though seems good then they will search out the neighbour who had the work done for the referreal

Ref the cards, your name on one side, the apology stuff on the other.

We've used the strip type key rings before, the clients can keep their shed key etc on them. I suppose it depends on where you are, I'm in a rural part of West Sussex with big houses; the oldies love this little gimmick.

Keep the sign writing simple; there's a firm round my way that's gone way over the top in my opinion, looks too busy and you lose what you're trying to say.

Good luck

The heat is certainly affecting our work .....We want to be done by 1.30--2.00 pm otherwise its too bloody hot 1

:thumbup: Same here, though where we've been the last few days, the customer's been great at bringing out cups of tea and ice cold can of coke at just the right times making it a bit more bearable :thumbup1:

I'm booked up until October with fencing work- I can deal with the heat fine but the ground is like concrete for banging in posts which is slowing me down a bit..

I think parish mags are a good source of advertising- I always seem to get nice customers from them too!

The hard bit about starting up is inevitably work is going to slow down until you have enough customers to rely on repeat buisness- once you have established them you will never have to advertise again!