Renting a yard.

Arborist

Yep its madness! Dad has a mate who is a Chippy, his site agent told him he'd be kicked off site if he bought his off cuts home for kindling at the end of the day!

It was true recycling and the old boy at the wood yard earnt a bit of beer money loading kindling with the tractor. Not no more

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a visit many years ago,from the local planing department they said I need planing consent to have my 200 to 300 ton butt pile in a field at the back of my house.

I said it was the produce of forestry,which is agricuture and that it was agricultural land and could see no problem.

They asked me to write to them with my views,I said no,they asked why,and I said if I write to you,you will open a file with my name on it and start collecting my correspondence,so I'll just stick to taking you calls,thanks.

A few weeks later a receved a letter telling me that in 28 days there was going to be comity meet and they were going to discus my situation and that I may wish to make some representation.

I did nothing.

About 4 or 5 weeks later I receved a letter to say they had "discused" the situation and decided to.................

............take no further action at this time,that was more than 10 years ago and I have heard nothing since.

I've never read anything so pathetic, who the hell are these people, a commitee meeting , how much did that cost I wonder..

Off topic but,I had a similer experience, on a site clearence job a few years ago, when it was still legal to burn on site.

We had a ''very small'' and hot fire going on the site, very little smoke, the site was several hundred meters from any houses, we hadn't been feeding the fire for long when a little fat man with clip board and i'd badge came waddling toward us, he said why are you having a fire, I gave him my reasons, he said you know I make you put this fire out right now!

Not one for taking BS easily I said oh yeah and how/whys that fires aren't illegal are they? I just could he said! I said mate has anyone complained, he said no!, I said when somebody starts complaining get back to me! now if thats all, i've work to do...:wave:

Never saw him again, the little jobs worth! again how much did it cost the council tax payer for him to come an visit me? it turned out he'd driven past in the morning, seen the smoke, gone to the office , then later that afternoon decided to come visit the site..:thumbsdown:

when it was still legal to burn on site.

Actually Lee, i think you'll find it still is legal so long as its not a nuisence to anyone else.

You can actually burn upto 10 tons of green in any 24 hrs.

Im not picking fault lee, actually agreeing with you- there is so much cr*p out there about what you can and cant do, it just leaves you:drunk::drunk:

you might be right mate,another grey area that needs looking into, thanks for pointing it out

Yeh lee, the reason i found out was my yard is at my fathers nursery, it used to be an agric smallholding so is still classed as agric.

Last May, when the "latest set" of rules came in about waste disposal, management, storage etc, we attended the seminar/help night to fill in the new exemption certificates. Yes it was one of those nights:bongsmi:

Our local EA guy was, for a change very helpful with info, and i showed, shall we say a special interest in burning issues.

Im sure it could be found on the EA website but in short, you cannot transfer green waste to another site to burn, even from one garden to another, but you can burn upto 10 tons on site in every 24hrs- thats a good heap of brash!

One other little tip he gave was, all your unchippables can be carried back to the yard without a waste carriers license if it is to be used as fuel. So, he said, build an incinerator in your yard/workshop and use it to keep staff warm on say lunchtimes, wet days, BBQ`s etc. :wave:

From that i would say, bend the rules however you can back at the yard:heeeelllllooooo:

No its just pushed up on to a bonfire and illegally burnt!

Whats the process of getting the wast carriers licence?

That farmer deserves to be grassed on, if he's charging that much just to burn it..

The waste carriers licence is from the Environment Agency..either ring them for an application pack or print the forms from here and send them in. It's about £150 for 3 years when I paid. It's something I really resent paying, but it's almost impossible to tip at a legitimate site without one now.