arbtalkers arbtrucks

treewizard

The 1 I used to drive only had a single acting ram so relied on the box to push it back down, again it would overextended and need a shove to get it started or like others have said reverse onto the chip. Made a big mistake 1 day and tipped it up without opening the door catches 1st and all the chip pushing om the door ment I couldnt open it and couldn't get the bed back down, had to call for valtra and botex to pull it down :$

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

New guy I couldn't read your post earlier about levers, and it seems to have disappeared .

If it's not coming back under power then maybe it's in the wrong circuit.

If it won't come back down, then simply drive up over the pile of chip you have tipped and steer out it, that way it should come down, or just don't tip it over as much in the first place:)

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

Thanks Steve ,

I have found the point where the box goes over too far... As far as I can make out the hydraulic pump only powers up.

Next time I see the mechanic I'll ask him about the circuit ...

Yes the cab had seen better days.

If you get a chance send me some pictures, I'd be interested to see how its looking.

Riggerbear, I'll send you some pictures of the mog next week.. The guy that did the work is a genius...,

He builds vehicles from scratch...

Starts with old chassis cabs and builds mewps, shot blasting units,

Truck based pressure washers... Etc...

You name it he can build it...,

We gave him the mog as soon as we bought it from A/VOS. He checked and sorted all the pipework. Spray coated the chassis and underside etc... Sorted all the mechanical jobs.

Service etc and completely welded and reworked the cab..

Bout six times less than A/V would have charged.... But they did us a favour by selling it to us "as is" so we are grateful to them as well. It was the only way we could have afforded it really..

Thanks and have a good weekend! :)

Timon

Yes the cab had seen better days.

If you get a chance send me some pictures, I'd be interested to see how its looking.

Hi Riggerbear,

Here are a couple of photos of the work our guy did on the cab...

We were on the verge of get a replacement cab unit, all the corners were shot, the wheel arches had gone and the floor was just galv sheets covering the virtually non existent floor... We're well chuffed with the work done.. Drives great and is a great tool to have..ImageUploadedByArbtalk1404164020.869715.jpg.1ca1d0cafc58439b2a599a7bc415c07c.jpg

I checked out the previous firms website... There replacement mog looks amazing !! :) along with the rest of their fleet...

Tried to PM these photos to you through this app but couldn't.

Cheers mate

Timon

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1404163952.134206.jpg.5609d70a18db3bfb3b9e68303fbc727f.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1404163825.916211.jpg.d53a6d96b3bea4c27876505cd98f3661.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1404163778.165750.jpg.a140f3d00b4aa8b0e4fbedc3ba8656af.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1404163722.370202.jpg.d5aa2481df080eec7a2bf1f65a82491b.jpg

Ti that's some serious chip splash back!

Nice Mitsubishi :)

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Hi Steve ,

Massive splash back!! Enclosed system has to be the way forward!!

(And a Mitsubishi like that to do quotes in!!)

Ti

To me the angle the spout is at coming out the chipper is very acute, that's going to make the chip bounce along chute and come out all splattery, the chip should come out in a nice vent flow off the top of the chute.

I'd be wanting chute come out for about 3' straight up and then a gently turn bring the chute level with the top of the chip box, so you can notch it down 1 and it will really blast it down nice and tight. My big Mog had a large opening at the back so we could through in logs and dumpy bags, never had any chip come back right till it was overflowing, but never bouncing out.

Here's a good video I just found showing you what your after

• 2 weeks later...

Here is mine.

Isuzu Dmax 3 site tipper toolbox and schliesing mx105

max loading ~ 1100kg of chippings

got a extra air suspension on the rear axle for pumping it up when heavy loaded.

also have a 3 site tipper trailer for 5.7 m³ of chipping

cheers - from germany - wolf

DSC01290.jpg.779c8087153d6957fa8a25948857337b.jpg