arbtalkers arbtrucks

treewizard

I like the look of those big Ivecos :) Here's a new addition to the family going to get painted in our colours this week and want the back converting to full box with barn doors on back[ATTACH]68075[/ATTACH]

Sweet truck boss, liking the lockbox :thumbup1:

Been painted up now so the van has.

Seen atop my plumbers roof rack is my quote vehicle for island trees :thumbup:

59765b99da698_Trees531.jpg.6e1990cd387895bbc3010477aec2ea54.jpg

Sweet truck boss, liking the lockbox :thumbup1:

Been painted up now so the van has.

Seen atop my plumbers roof rack is my quote vehicle for island trees :thumbup:

She's looking the part your van now mate :) I'm loving the lock box too it's sickening the amount of people you see eying up your gear these days

• 3 weeks later...

Ta da!!!! After nearly a year of deciding what to buy, countless hours trawling the internet, clocking up many miles viewing vehicles in different parts of the country and totally exasperating the wife......I have finally purchased my new vehicle.

After 23 years of Land Rover ownership I have switched from the green to the blue oval. Although as the Ranger was built when Ford owned Land Rover I'm trying to convince myself it really is a Land Rover at heart! One of the reasons it took so long to decide was that I was mad keen to have a Discovery TD5 Commercial but in the end I decided it would not be a huge difference to the Freelander it was to replace.

The new vehicle had to be a jack of all trades - a comfortable everyday car, be useful for my gardening business and for my log business, be smart enough so the wife would still get in it to go away for hols in it and to go shooting in.

After three weeks of ownership I have done 1200 miles in complete comfort (although I do find the seat base a tad low, currently sitting on top of a travel blanket to raise me up a bit!!), fairly economically and I absolutely love it. It is a 2007 model and only had 28000 miles on the clock by one previous owner - it looks and drives like new and I got a cracking trade in deal for the Freelander.

Enough of my waffling - 2 pearls of wisdom if you are thinking of buying a new motor: always go to view in person, the photos on the internet often make the vehicle look much better than it actually is and the sellers interpretation of stunning will often be differnet to yours; and secondly, if you wait long enough the right vehicle will come along!:thumbup:

59765d2f3f38c_fordran.jpg.329a525c0e8bd490305941fb6e4334c1.jpg

59765d2f3d24e_fordra.jpg.db6ef965ccfd45a22759cb3b6a182a1d.jpg

Ta da!!!! After nearly a year of deciding what to buy, countless hours trawling the internet, clocking up many miles viewing vehicles in different parts of the country and totally exasperating the wife......I have finally purchased my new vehicle.

After 23 years of Land Rover ownership I have switched from the green to the blue oval. Although as the Ranger was built when Ford owned Land Rover I'm trying to convince myself it really is a Land Rover at heart! One of the reasons it took so long to decide was that I was mad keen to have a Discovery TD5 Commercial but in the end I decided it would not be a huge difference to the Freelander it was to replace.

The new vehicle had to be a jack of all trades - a comfortable everyday car, be useful for my gardening business and for my log business, be smart enough so the wife would still get in it to go away for hols in it and to go shooting in.

After three weeks of ownership I have done 1200 miles in complete comfort (although I do find the seat base a tad low, currently sitting on top of a travel blanket to raise me up a bit!!), fairly economically and I absolutely love it. It is a 2007 model and only had 28000 miles on the clock by one previous owner - it looks and drives like new and I got a cracking trade in deal for the Freelander.

Enough of my waffling - 2 pearls of wisdom if you are thinking of buying a new motor: always go to view in person, the photos on the internet often make the vehicle look much better than it actually is and the sellers interpretation of stunning will often be differnet to yours; and secondly, if you wait long enough the right vehicle will come along!:thumbup:

They are fantastic trucks and IMO the best compromise when buying a pickup. Tall 1st gear can be an arse for towing mind you.

My first highlighted bit is because i am amazed at that!

the second one is...........so what you are saying is that you dont actually own a really smart looking silver ranger at all, but a total dog of a car that looks good in the pics:lol::lol:

Ha ha Tommer,very quick, you'll cut yourself with that sharp tongue one of these days.:001_tt2:

I should may be have expanded a bit more - I went to view a "stunning" Ranger in Yorkshire. Indeed it did look stunning on the internet but in reality it had two cheap Chinese tyres on the front, two different brands on the rear both of which were close to the limit and a spare that was bald. The alloys were all badly curbed and there was a thick layer of dust all over the engine bay, even though it had apparently been serviced and valeted.

I can confirm that the pics show my truck for what it is..a really smart, great condition Ranger:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...