arbtalkers arbtrucks

treewizard

Rob, its a shame you didnt feel like you could afford my LDV at the time, as Im sure the cost of this, the time, hassle of shovelling etc would of been very close to the cost of my truck all told.

However, you have built something that will earn you money and is now ready to roll. I know you're not just starting out, but to compare when I started up I had a peugeot 205 van and smashed down in the back of that. So dont worry about the image thing too much, just use it for now and move on as and when you can.

It's all constructive criticism. It works for me, I would love to buy something else but I can't afford to. I'm keeping my little citroen for now as its only costing fuel which is £45 a week. Yes I do agree it might be a bit high but it can always be shortened if needs be, that wouldn't take more than half a day to knock a foot or two off it.

The truck has been a midway between personal and work all it's life. Had a few bashes and stuff, a bit of sap and dirt won't do it any harm.

I like it's head turning ability. Free advertising as I'm driving down the road.

18 stoner: all in all the whole setup on the truck has cost about £230, I would have loved the ldv, but money isnt on my side, as much as I'm working for it to be, and we had this truck here so why not utilise that?

Comments are appreciated, my horoscope did say to not take anything to heart about my achievements, how weird is that!

I'll make it work until I can afford something better suited. I've still got another year at myerscough son for now cheap and cheerful will do me, this time next year I'll look into changing vehicles and build up properly.

It's taken me a year to get how I am now, would have preferred to keep my hilux and build onto that as that would have been better, but that had to be sold to fund a new d22 engine.

Good for you, dont listen to anything I say! But, the depreciation on that Nav once you start blasting chips into it will be more in the first year than 18stoners LDV would have cost you. Does that make sense?.

Gotta love the yanks!!!:thumbup:

It would be a right p1sser if you left a can of coke on the dashboard......:lol:

We've those at some plants in the UK too. Couldnt tell you where, but the father of one of the lasses who keeps horses at our farm drives for a biomass haulier and uses them regularly he says.

Good for you, dont listen to anything I say! But, the depreciation on that Nav once you start blasting chips into it will be more in the first year than 18stoners LDV would have cost you. Does that make sense?.

I do listen, I take it all on board.

I get you, it would have had a fair amount of depreciation by now anyway, plus I think it's all paid for, I would probably guarantee that actually. So it's only running it that costs. Ive had thoughts of taking a foot off th box height, perfectly feasible and wouldn't take too much room off me.

We run a grit spreader in winter which fits on this and that was used hard and had a knock against a bollard they tie container ships to, the bollard won! The truck ended up with a passenger door that wouldn't open properly and a battered wheel arch behind the front tyre.

Had a new tipping body made up for our mitsubishi. The old one was similar but in steel and was starting to look tatty. This ones weighs in about 450kg less.

Its got a full hieght locking tool box seperated out for saws and fuel underneath and ropes and stuff ontop. Just need it sign written now.

IMAG0164.jpg.60e4d7127bdb10a80ec404819da2996c.jpg