Arb Assoc - 'Affiliate Contractor' proposal

AA Teccie (Paul)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My concerns are

How do you assess "Working towards"

Do you offer a partial assessment? If so which aspect ? H&S ? Pruning standards? Systems ?

If a company is working towards do they get to use the logo ? I know this has been a bone of contention in the past !!

How long will they be allowed the status and what happens should they not meet the standard when assessment finally happens ?

As you know Paul we took our time to achieve the AAAc status and we are proud of our achievement. Would a Working towards company have the same level of satisfaction ? I doubt it.

As for those of you putting you hands up as interested go the whole hog and book an assessment it really is worth the effort.

Sorry to p**s on someones firework

My concerns are

How do you assess "Working towards"

Do you offer a partial assessment? If so which aspect ? H&S ? Pruning standards? Systems ?

If a company is working towards do they get to use the logo ? I know this has been a bone of contention in the past !!

How long will they be allowed the status and what happens should they not meet the standard when assessment finally happens ?

As you know Paul we took our time to achieve the AAAc status and we are proud of our achievement. Would a Working towards company have the same level of satisfaction ? I doubt it.

As for those of you putting you hands up as interested go the whole hog and book an assessment it really is worth the effort.

Sorry to p**s on someones firework

Hi there (sorry not sure who you are :blushing:),

The proposal will not undermine nor dilute the ARB Approved Contractor status, it will simply be a 'pathway' for those businesses looking for help and guidance along the way and some level of recognition and 'working towards' ARB Approval (in effect demonstrating an intention.)

There will be no 'on site' assessment and no accreditation / logo. It will be a membership option, probably time bound, but in order to access it a certain level of qualifications and compliance will need to be evidenced, e.g. upto CS39, First Aid, PL insurance, LOLER, H&S policy, risk assessments (TBC.)

I do recognise, and appreciate, all the hard work businesses put in to become ARB Approved and I would do nothing to compromise that. However, I firmly believe the more businesses are ultimately approved / accredited the better place the industry will be for all...and you'll be competing on a level playing field.

Hope this helps to reassure AND 'no fireworks' ignited :001_smile:

Thanks for the post..

Paul

The introduction of a stand alone accreditation, which is also a stepping stone towards full AA status is a great idea IMO. It will be an excellent tool to drive businesses forward & help them compete with those larger ones around them.

Hi Pete, thanks for the post.

Apologies if I've mislead you here but the proposal will not be an accreditation opportunity but a membership option.

It will however act as a 'stepping stone', or pathway, to ARB Approval...and I sincerely hope contractors will see it that way and take the option. It will allow us to better identify and engage with contractors looking for help and guidance.

Cheers :thumbup1:

Paul

I like the sound of it. I've been put off applying for AA membership for various reasons, mainly that I'm mostly forestry with a bit of arb on the side, but this sounds like a good option for folk in my situation. Count me at least pencilled in. :thumbup1:

Thank you, and we're quite happy to be your "bit on the side" :biggrin: ...for the time being anyway.

Cheers..:thumbup1:

Paul

Hi there (sorry not sure who you are :blushing:),

The proposal will not undermine nor dilute the ARB Approved Contractor status, it will simply be a 'pathway' for those businesses looking for help and guidance along the way and some level of recognition and 'working towards' ARB Approval (in effect demonstrating an intention.)

There will be no 'on site' assessment and no accreditation / logo. It will be a membership option, probably time bound, but in order to access it a certain level of qualifications and compliance will need to be evidenced, e.g. upto CS39, First Aid, PL insurance, LOLER, H&S policy, risk assessments (TBC.)

I do recognise, and appreciate, all the hard work businesses put in to become ARB Approved and I would do nothing to compromise that. However, I firmly believe the more businesses are ultimately approved / accredited the better place the industry will be for all...and you'll be competing on a level playing field.

Hope this helps to reassure AND 'no fireworks' ignited :001_smile:

Thanks for the post..

Paul

Paul and Pommie (sorry, I haven't mastered 2 "quotes" in 1 reply on IPhone!)

Pommie, fair points - either do it or don't do it and what about the details and what about "watering down" the achievements / efforts / standards / recognition of those that have done it, genuinely fair points.

For me, it would give me a chance to "dip my toe in" and measure if full accreditation would actually realise greater business / profit opportunity of seeking full accredited status. So if I find "working towards" achieves a higher strike rate in quotes, I could reasonably assume Ac status would further enhance it and provide VfM. If however, there's no discernible uplift, I could put it off until next year.

That's how I look at it anyways!

Paul, all well thank you! Made the mistake of focussing too much time & attention on 2 headline tasks (got 1, missed the other!) and took my eye off the smaller "inbetweener" jobs so been working hard getting the workshop/yard/office fixed up this week!

Relaxing now:

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1404939625.079083.jpg.057a1f1d514fffbcf3b416c24adb7553.jpg

Paul and Pommie (sorry, I haven't mastered 2 "quotes" in 1 reply on IPhone!)

Paul, all well thank you! Made the mistake of focussing too much time & attention on 2 headline tasks (got 1, missed the other!) and took my eye off the smaller "inbetweener" jobs so been working hard getting the workshop/yard/office fixed up this week!

Relaxing now:

[ATTACH]160808[/ATTACH]

Wow, impressive views...but Stella 4%!!! (suppose it is mid-week :lol:)

Cheers Kevin, speak soon...hopefully :thumbup1:

Paul